Womens Designer (Jersey)
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Womens Designer (Jersey)|
|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||over 1 year ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experience womenswear designer to join a leading high street retailer. Working across jerseywear, you will be responsible for designing trend-led and creative garments and prints, as well as working closely with the Buying team to plan future ranges.
Please note this role is initially a maternity cover contract, however there is a good possibility of turning permanent to support future business growth for the right candidate.
As Designer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing trend-led and catwalk-inspired jerseywear garments.
- Creating mood-boards and trend reports to demonstrate your vision for the department.
- Working alongside the buying team to ensure brand integrity is maintained and adhered to.
- Trend research - key trends, shapes, colours, prints etc. Undertaking comp shops and trends reports to aid future designs.
- Working cross functionally with Buying, Garment Tech and other departments in the business - attending fit sessions, range reviews and buying meetings.
To be successful you must have the following skills and experience:
- Previous womenswear design experience, jersey specialists and those with multi-product experience (including Jersey) are both encouraged to apply. Ideally you will have a background in womenswear fast-fashion and have worked in a fast-paced trend-led design environment from another successful retailer or key supplier to the UK high street.
- Education to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Garment and print design experience.
- Far East travel experience.
- Excellent CAD skills; strong Illustrator and Photoshop are a must. Good hand-sketching and illustration skills are also highly desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A passion for young fast-fashion product.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the most exciting brands on the high street today and to work on exciting and trend-led product. If you think you have the relevant skills and experience, send us your CV today.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q98173 | Published: over 1 year ago