Buying Manager - Food
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Buying Manager - Food|
|Salary||£45000 - £55000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||12 months ago|
This retailer is looking to recruit a talented Trading Manager /Buyer to oversee one of their Food category. This business has been on the high-street for over 50 years and has over 150 stores and are well represented nationwide and still continue to grow.
As a Trading Controller you will be responsible for the buying, supply and development of a range of products to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability. This role will be placed depending on the experience of the successful candidate & are open to backgrounds from Grocery, Fresh or impulse categories.
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
- Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers and drive excellent business relationships with both UK and European suppliers.
- Drive cost down within supply base where needed
- New product development opportunities
- Drive sales and profit through the strategic planning of the category alongside active competitor analysis, whilst satisfying customer needs
- Maintain sales and profit according to budget within a short, medium and long-term business plan
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
- Manage and lead junior members of the team and support them in their development
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within retail, wholesale, value retail or supermarket background
- Track record of success within your career
- Highly developed negotiation and analytical skills, teamed with an acute commercial awareness to help understand market conditions
- Delivered outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Maintain and developed supplier relationships
In return you will work for a retailer with a great national presence with over £1 billion in sales. This position comes with a car allowance, pension and bonus potential.
This is a business where leadership and behavioural competencies are essential for the fit of the business! If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q99788.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99788 | Published: 12 months ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Head of Buying
£110,000 - £130,000 | London
Ref: Q102090 | Published: 19th Jan 2017
This highly admirable Luxury retailer has an exciting Head of Buying role to be based in the hear...
- Food Buyer
£35,000 - £40,000 | West London, London
Ref: Q101928 | Published: 05th Jan 2017
Food Buyer- West London We are looking for an experienced Food or Ingredients Buyer to lead the b...
- Category Controller - Food
£50,000 - £50,000 | Wembley, Middlesex
Ref: Q101226 | Published: 09th Jan 2017
A leading retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Category Controller to oversee one of the...
- Category Manager
£35,000 - £40,000 | South West England,
Ref: Q102069 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
You will be responsible for the delivery of profitable sales across all channels for your specifi...
- Buyer - Grocery
£31,500 - £31,500 | North London, London
Ref: Q101493 | Published: 09th Jan 2017
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buyer, to join one of the UK's leading Food Retailers...