Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Technical Manager|
|Salary||£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
An outstanding UK food business who has built their reputation above all on the quality, variety and freshness of their food is seeking a technical manager to join their unique business on a 6 month contract. This role will involve managing the life cycle of your product category in particular relation to safety, legality, quality, sustainability and provenance and in doing so ensuring compliance to all business policies.
- Champion the technical agenda within the category
- Manage the supply base to ensure safety, legality and quality is delivered in line with all technical policies
- Mange supplier performance through regular visits, audits, reviews and reports
- Work alongside the new product development team to launch quality and safe products
- Work cross functionally within the category to identify opportunities for efficacy, growth, strengthening the brand and promoting product quality
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry legislation and emerging technical developments
Skills, Attributes and Experience Required
- A degree in food science/technology or a related science
- Experienced within a technical management function in a retail or FMCG environment
- Experienced within the fresh, poultry and dairy sectors would be preferred
- Experienced in effective supplier management and building strong working relationships
- Ability to build effective relationships internally across categories and functions and externally with key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of industry legislation and standards
- Effective planning, orgainising and project management skills
- Motivated, a proven self-starter, an ability to react quickly and a desire to drive continuous improvement
- A willingness to travel and a clean driving licence
Roles like this one do not become available very often! This position offers a fantastic opportunity to an experienced food technical professional who like the business has a strong passion for food and takes pride in delivering exceptional products. If you have the experience required then we would welcome your application.We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q96711 | Published: almost 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Technical/Quality Manager
£26,000 - £30,000 | Edmonton, Middlesex
Ref: Q99700 | Published: 14th Oct 2016
My client, a wholesale food distribution business, is looking to bring a Technical/Quality Manage...