Category Manager - Food
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Manager - Food|
|Salary||£45000 - £55000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||about 1 year ago|
This retailer is looking to recruit an experience Category Manager/Buyer to oversee their Grocery & Ambient category.
This business has been on the high-street for over 50 years and has over 150 stores and are well represented nationwide and still continue to grow.
As a Category Controller you will be responsible for the buying, supply and development of a range of products to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability.
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
- Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers and drive excellent business relationships with both UK and European suppliers.
- Drive cost down within supply base where needed
- New product development opportunities
- Drive sales and profit through the strategic planning of the category alongside active competitor analysis, whilst satisfying customer needs
- Maintain sales and profit according to budget within a short, medium and long-term business plan
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
- Mange and lead junior members of the team and support them in their development
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within Retail, Convenience, Supplier or wholesale, food or supermarket background
- Track record of success within your career
- Highly developed negotiation and analytical skills, teamed with an acute commercial awareness to help understand market conditions
- Have has current or past experience within Grocery, Fresh, Produce or non-food fast moving categories
- Have lead and coached to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Maintain and developed supplier relationships
In return you will work for a retailer with a great national presence with over £1 billion in sales. This position comes with allowance, pension and bonus potential.
This is a business where leadership and behavioural competencies are essential for the fit of the business! If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q99820.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99820 | Published: about 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Category Controller - Food
£50,000 - £50,000 | Wembley, Middlesex
Ref: Q101226 | Published: 09th Jan 2017
A leading retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Category Controller to oversee one of the...
- Category Manager
£35,000 - £40,000 | South West England,
Ref: Q102069 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
You will be responsible for the delivery of profitable sales across all channels for your specifi...
- Food Buyer
£35,000 - £40,000 | West London, London
Ref: Q101928 | Published: 05th Jan 2017
Food Buyer- West London We are looking for an experienced Food or Ingredients Buyer to lead the b...
- Category Trader - Online
£40,000 - £55,000 | Leeds, West Yorkshire
Ref: Q101962 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
I am currently recruiting for an ambitious Category Trader to join a growing Online trading team....
- Buyer - Grocery
£31,500 - £31,500 | North London, London
Ref: Q101493 | Published: 09th Jan 2017
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buyer, to join one of the UK's leading Food Retailers...