Senior Technologist - Home Packaging
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Senior Technologist - Home Packaging|
|Salary||£35000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
This UK blue-chip Omi-channel retailer is looking for an experienced Technologist to join their Packaging team.
This is a hands on technical role & is looking for an individual who has understanding of the methods and processes in place and lead the path that has already been strategically put in place. Previous experience of working to a critical path and working closely with Designer, Buyer & Art-Work Houses to work to strict critical paths and budgets .
As a Technologist, your responsibilities will include:
- Critical path management from concept through to launch.
- Looking for someone that can be the main point of contact between the Buyers, Designers and the Artwork Houses/Factories.
- Creating the design concepts and advise of proposals
- Must be able to manage relationships effectively and manage the critical path
- Managing budgets and P & L .
- Oversee the inspection process on existing and new products
- Making sure all products are fit for purpose and conform to legal requirements.
- Management of the preferred packaging supply base whilst sourcing new suppliers around the world in line with product sourcing priorities.
- Keep up to date with market trends on plastics, paper & board packaging.
- Competitive awareness of price & demand allowing you better negotiations with suppliers
- Enable packaging to be developed in line with the critical path, minimising any effect on launch.
- Manage external artwork and inline with the product critical path.
- leading and managing a team
To be successful, you will:
- Have significant technical packaging experience ideally within home either from another successful retailer, supplier, agency or art-house
- Have strong leadership skills qualities - this role will be managing 2 junior team members
- Vocational qualification desired not essential - i.e. BTEC HND Print
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to prioritise work loads in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Be highly organised & commercial and be able to convey technical detail in a clear and concise manner.
- has dealt with internal stakeholder relationships as well as external partnerships
- Have the ability to meet strict deadlines.
This is a key leadership role so if you are looking for a new challenge and would like to join a leading brand to help drive them forward during the next phase of their home development; please apply! This role is currently a 9 month contract position with the potential of going permanent. If this sounds like the right opportunity and you have the required skillset please send an up to date CV quoting the reference Q97632.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q97632 | Published: almost 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- NPD Technologist
£15,000 - £18,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q102780_1489059661 | Published: 09th Mar 2017
Job Description: Our client, a leading business within the FMCG industry is currently looking for...
- Quality Assurance Technician (Temp)
£30,000 - £40,000 | London
Ref: Q102864_1490087853 | Published: 21th Mar 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an established British company with a strong heritage know...