Head of Food Purchasing
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Head of Food Purchasing|
|Salary||£60000 - £70000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||about 2 years ago|
As a result of continued, rapid growth, our client, a leader in the foodservice and hospitality sector, is looking to recruit a Head of Food Purchasing.
In this role you will be responsible for implementing purchasing best practice and drive projects that will deliver cost savings, service enhancement and quality improvements across the business while also developing supplier and pricing strategies to deliver maximum value to the business.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing all food suppliers and contracts for purchased items
- Involvement in all aspects of the purchasing cycle from sourcing and negotiations to supplier management and performance
- Developing comprehensive and improved service level agreements across all key suppliers
- Developing excellent working relationships with all suppliers
- Managing of the entire menu process, from concept to launch and working closely with the Food Development Team to identify new suppliers, quality improvements, etc.
- Managing the complete supply chain and drive continuous improvement
- Delivering strategic projects that drive the business forwards
Specific experience and skills required
- Strong commercial skills and financial awareness
- Experience negotiating on and purchasing a range of food categories
- Experience working in retail, foodservice or hospitality environments
- Powerful communication skills, able to establish and maintain relationships and engage key people at all levels within the business
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and persuasion skills
- Well-developed project management skills and attention to detail gained through the structured delivery of large-scale, complex projects
If you have the experience required and looking to move to an interesting and varied role where you will have a huge impact on the business then we would welcome your application
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q96589 | Published: about 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Head of Merchandising
£40,000 - £45,000 | Norfolk
Ref: Q102167_1487331181 | Published: 17th Feb 2017
Head of Merchandising A market leading retailer, known for its trailblazing initiatives in their ...
- Category Merchandising Manager - Cardiff
£30,000 - £40,000 | Cardiff
Ref: Q102565 | Published: 10th Feb 2017
Category Merchandising Manager - Cardiff This role is for a market leading Food, Non Food & Servi...
- Buyer (Gifts)
£40,000 - £50,000 | London
Ref: Q102405 | Published: 01th Feb 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an established Buyer to join this luxury gift retailer in ...
- Ecommerce Merchandiser
£22,000 - £25,000 | London
Ref: Q102579 | Published: 13th Feb 2017
A fast-paced high-street fashion retailer is looking for an Ecommerce Merchandiser to join their ...
- Visual Merchandising Training Officer
£20,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102595_1487616142 | Published: 20th Feb 2017
If you're a Visual Merchandiser with experience across a number of sites, and training of VM team...