Design Manager - Homewares
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Design Manager - Homewares|
|Salary||£70000 - £90000 per annum + + Car + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a high-street retailer for an experienced Design Manager. This multi-channel retailer, you be overseeing the Home Department looking after; Textiles, Bed, Kitchen, Bathroom and Gitftware departments. This business is doing very well & insights have recorded strong levels of market share & single-digit growth last quarter
In this role you will be leading the Design strategy for a given product range across the seasons with the key focus on meeting financial KPI's & profit margins whilst not compromising on the company's brand and vision.
your responsibilities will include:
- To manage a team with creative & inspirational leadership
- To sign off final artwork in liaison with the in house Design Team, design studios, artwork houses and suppliers to ensure all products represent brand values.
- Seasonal Focus, the role will involve supporting the Designers to ensure they are all on the same page.
- United in design style and that designs are complimentary, displaying key messages throughout, as well as providing inspiration.
- Help prioritise the vision
- Developing and maintaining co-relationships with the buying, merchandising and quality teams
- Overall commercial responsibly looking at margin and sale price & competitor analysis
- Managing your workload effectively in that the design team and working within the critical path
- Identifying new design opportunities that will push the boundaries of this retailer and making, quick decision key design and fastening ideas.
- This role will involve international travel and visiting Trade and Vintage fairs.
To be successful, you will:
- Exemplary and highly experienced Senior designer or design Manager from a home background.
- Displays resilience & strength to lead a team of experience Designers who will be able to help them understand, adapt to and drive any changes and help prioritise.
- Have worked in collaboration working with Technical, Ethical, Buying teams
- Ideally from a high-street retail, department store or supplier background
- Lead, motivate, develop and inspire the Design team and have experience at leading at a senior level and drive & develop productive internal and external relationships.
- Be able to challenge team performance where necessary & have an understand of succession planning & recruiting top talent!
This is an unique opportunity to be part of a successful retailer. There is loads of scope for creative direction and to make a real difference of what people are buying! The role also comes with excellent benefits including Car or Allowance, Pension & Private healthcare. if you have the relevant experience and you are operating at this level then please apply with your updated cv quoting the reference Q96271.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q96271 | Published: almost 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Womenswear Knitwear and Jersey Garment Technologist
£35,000 - £40,000 | London
Ref: Q102866_1490093490 | Published: 21th Mar 2017
As a result of their continued success and expansion, this fast fashion retailer has a highly exc...