Senior Category Manager - Food & Beverage
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Senior Category Manager - Food & Beverage|
|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||3 months ago|
This business is an international company who are experts in maximising client retail revenue streams for Travel, Aviation and Airline businesses.
My client allows for businesses to outsource part or all of their on-board retail operations and logistics processes to become a one-stop shop.
As a Senior Category Manager your role is to lead & develop a range of products and services for the travelling retail customer.
This role encompasses product innovation & development as well as all aspects of category management within Food & Beverage; this includes the procurement and supplier management on the start to finish of the lifecycle of the product.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Drive sales and profit through the strategic planning of the category alongside active competitor analysis.
- To develop an industry leading range of products and services in line with the specific key client brand values.
- Supplier negotiation with existing and new clients.
- define centrally purchased SKU's and retail-bought products, to maximise return for the company.
- Act as primary escalation point for supplier disputes, issues and performance management; alongside the Category Managers
- Act as key liaison with account directors to deliver the retail product range which meets each external customers' strategic and financial brief.
- Engage with new suppliers and create strategic partnerships with key suppliers, across accounts, to maximise the benefit for the business
- Define and implement best practice.
- Fully accountable of the end to end P& L process of the product specifications, marketing, stock forecasting, rebates, returns policy etc
- Maintain sales and profit targets according to budget within a short, medium and long-term business plan
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within Retail Food & Beverage, Food Service /Food to Go or Supplier background is ideally. However other Retail Buying and Category experience in fast paced retailing will be considered.
- Highly developed negotiation and analytical skills, teamed with an acute commercial awareness excellent
- Show examples of increasing margins and income targets whilst still maintaining great relationships with suppliers.
- Can demonstrate a career with a track record of success of enhanced category performance.
- Must hold a Full driving License
- CIPS is desirable but not essential
- There maybe travel involved in this role on an ad-hoc basis.
- Have lead and coached to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels
This is a great opportunity to work for an international business who works with some of the largest global travel players. This is initially a 9-12 month contract and you will receive pro-rata benefits including pension and holidays. If you believe you have the relevant experience for this role please send your cv quoting the reference Q101057.We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q101057 | Published: 3 months ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Senior Buyer (Womenswear)
£50,000 - £60,000 | South West England,
Ref: Q101662 | Published: 24th Oct 2016
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Womenswear Buyer, working for a growing, ic...
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | United Arab Emirates,
Ref: Q80190 | Published: 04th Oct 2016
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable head of Merchandisi...
- Junior Buyer
£30,000 - £35,000 | London, London
Ref: Q100713 | Published: 17th Oct 2016
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Junior Buyer to manage a varied range of prod...
- Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty
£30,000 - £45,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q100514 | Published: 12th Oct 2016
Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty This leading high-street retailer renowned for their everyday house...
- Assistant Merchandiser
£25,000 - £30,000 | London, London
Ref: Q101672 | Published: 25th Oct 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic Assistant Merchandiser to join a fun high-str...