Senior Category Manager
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Senior Category Manager|
|Salary||£50000 - £60000 per annum + Car, pension, healthcare|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||7 months ago|
Senior Category Manager- East Midlands
My client, a hugely successful multi-brand retailer and wholesaler, is looking for an accomplished Buyer, Product Manager or Category Manager. Experience of managing large categories with large numbers of SKUs and multiple suppliers is ideally what we are looking for.
The overall purpose of the role is to:
- Manage suppliers to deliver reduced COGs, improve margin opportunity and maintain competitive advantage
- Manage and develop the supplier relationships to optimise supply and exploit efficient routes to market
- Work closely with the commercial teams to develop product ranges in line with customer needs and to improve market penetration opportunities
- Identify and realise continual process improvement
- Conduct regular overseas sourcing trips to ensure best value for money
I am looking for a strong negotiator, highly literate and with previous product development experience in a similar role.
In addition to the above, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Source and negotiate the supply of quality products to meet the identified business needs
- Manage the supply base and improve supplier performance levels e.g. OTIF and lead times
- Ensure suppliers fully understand and meet service requirements
- Manage KPI's to monitor financial and other product performance targets and initiate action plans to ensure these targets are met
- Monitor competitor activity to assess and evaluate position in the market place to realise and identify opportunities
- Ensure all negotiations and communications are transacted in accordance with the requirements of the Competition Act
The salary bracket for the above position is £50-£60k and comes with a car, pension, healthcare and all the usual trimmings, including a competitive bonus.
If you have experience in all of the above and are looking for an exciting new challenge, please apply today using an up-to-date CV and quoting reference number Q100402
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q100402 | Published: 7 months ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Senior Buyer (Womenswear)
£50,000 - £60,000 | South West England,
Ref: Q101662 | Published: 24th Oct 2016
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Womenswear Buyer, working for a growing, ic...
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | United Arab Emirates,
Ref: Q80190 | Published: 04th Oct 2016
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable head of Merchandisi...
- Junior Buyer
£30,000 - £35,000 | London, London
Ref: Q100713 | Published: 17th Oct 2016
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Junior Buyer to manage a varied range of prod...
- Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty
£30,000 - £45,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q100514 | Published: 12th Oct 2016
Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty This leading high-street retailer renowned for their everyday house...
- Assistant Merchandiser
£25,000 - £30,000 | London, London
Ref: Q101672 | Published: 25th Oct 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic Assistant Merchandiser to join a fun high-str...