Senior Buyer - Hampshire
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Senior Buyer - Hampshire|
|Salary||£50000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||over 1 year ago|
This UK & international retailer is currently looking for a Senior Buyer for their Home Improvement category. With over 200 stores in the UK and growing; this business is looking for a committed individual for their multi-channel offer.
As a Senior Buyer you'll be responsible for growing and leading a ley product category through existing, high profile & new suppliers which is heavily focused on strong negotiation & supplier agreements.
The is a high profile category within their Decorating, Paint & Home improvement category that has a turnover of 150 -200million and 2,000 SKU's; thus is looking for an individual who has dealt with a similar volume category.
Your responsibilities are-
- Developing souring strategy for the business
- Supplier negotiation and striving to improve mutually effective relationships
- Introducing new supplier relationships which is focused around the customer
- Driving sales & profitability and making key commercial decision that will impact the bottom line.
- Category Manager to create product ranges that meets the customer needs.
- Far East & European sourcing trip
- Analysing past sales trends
- Works with category marketing to identify promotions & future needs.
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
- Work closely with Proposition & Merchandising teams regarding Category Management
- Develop supplier & range review
To be successful you will-
- Have Buyer/Sourcing experience at a Buying Manager, Category or Senior Buyer level within a similar range in DIY, Decorating, Electrical category in retail or supplier side.
- You'll need to be commercially aware with an analytical flair.
- This roles is heaving negotiation rather than trend , NPD focused.
- International sourcing experience
- Technical ability to build ranges
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience with Internal stake holder management
- High influence individual & can consult & make key decisions in a ever-changing market
- Have accountability of a category of 100-200 million & in control of budgets.
This blue chip business does offer relocation packages as well as a car or car allowance & further bonuses and benefits! If you feel you have the relevant experience & can add value at a senior level where you can work autonomously on your own & as part of a team then please send your cv quoting the reference Q98063 .
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q98063 | Published: over 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Junior Buyer
£30,000 - £35,000 | London, London
Ref: Q100713 | Published: 17th Oct 2016
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Junior Buyer to manage a varied range of prod...
- Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded)
£50,000 - £60,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q101473 | Published: 26th Sep 2016
Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded) A leading high street retailer based in London, South of the ri...
- Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty
£30,000 - £45,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q100514 | Published: 12th Oct 2016
Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty This leading high-street retailer renowned for their everyday house...
- Buyer- Fixed Term Contract
£30,000 - £35,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q101049 | Published: 23th Sep 2016
Buyer- Accessories- Own Brand- 12 Month FTC This leading high-street retailer renowned for their ...
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | United Arab Emirates,
Ref: Q80190 | Published: 04th Oct 2016
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable head of Merchandisi...