Buying Manager - Food
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Buying Manager - Food|
|Salary||£45000 - £50000 per annum + Car + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||over 2 years ago|
A leading food & FMCG retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Buyer to oversee one of the largest product divisions. As a Buying Manager you will be responsible for the category plan to reduce costs and optimise terms with partners and to maximise turnover and profitability.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable financial support in branded and own-brand product development.
In this position you responsibilities include:
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
· Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers & brands
- Developing relationships with their retail estate
· Drive cost down within supply base
· Maintain sales and profit according to Category Plan
· Working in collaboration regarding the promotional & marketing programme to maximise profit and sales
- To identify, source, and develop cons own-brand product ranges
- Have gained a commercial understanding of the brand and commercial requirements
- Working closely with range and brand team regarding availability levels of products
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within Food,health & Beauty, Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment
- Ideal but not essential in negotiating & working with wholesale markets
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Working towards P & L budgets
- Experience with Branded and/ or Own-Brand ranges
- Range Planning
- Working closely with Planning, DC & Marketing teams
- Graduate calibre
- Excellent communication at all levels
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which include Bonus, Private healthcare & Car . If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q94826.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q94826 | Published: over 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Head of Buying
£60,000 - £65,000 | Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Ref: 103157_1495461740 | Published: 22th May 2017
We are currently working with a rapid-growing company and they are currently looking to hire a He...
- Buying Director - Fashion
£100,000 | Riyadh
Ref: Q91372_1494246216 | Published: 08th May 2017
My client is a retailer based in the Middle-East, and they are currently seeking a Buying Directo...
- Head Category Manager - Fresh
£75,000 - £100,000 | Hertfordshire
Ref: Q101272_1494175514 | Published: 07th May 2017
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Category Manager, to join one of the UK's FTSE l...
- Established Denims Buyer - Womenswear Fashion
£45,000 - £50,000 | London
Ref: Q101799_1494344958 | Published: 09th May 2017
As a result of their continued success and expansion, this fast fashion retailer has a highly exc...
- Assistant Merchandiser
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q103151_1495213305 | Published: 19th May 2017
This global luxury brand is looking for a commercially aware Assistant Planner who will support t...