Buying Manager - Food
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Buying Manager - Food|
|Salary||£45000 - £50000 per annum + Car + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
A leading food & FMCG retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Buyer to oversee one of the largest product divisions. As a Buying Manager you will be responsible for the category plan to reduce costs and optimise terms with partners and to maximise turnover and profitability.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable financial support in branded and own-brand product development.
In this position you responsibilities include:
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
· Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers & brands
- Developing relationships with their retail estate
· Drive cost down within supply base
· Maintain sales and profit according to Category Plan
· Working in collaboration regarding the promotional & marketing programme to maximise profit and sales
- To identify, source, and develop cons own-brand product ranges
- Have gained a commercial understanding of the brand and commercial requirements
- Working closely with range and brand team regarding availability levels of products
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within Food,health & Beauty, Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment
- Ideal but not essential in negotiating & working with wholesale markets
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Working towards P & L budgets
- Experience with Branded and/ or Own-Brand ranges
- Range Planning
- Working closely with Planning, DC & Marketing teams
- Graduate calibre
- Excellent communication at all levels
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which include Bonus, Private healthcare & Car . If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q94826.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q94826 | Published: almost 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Head of Buying
£110,000 - £130,000 | London
Ref: Q102090 | Published: 19th Jan 2017
This highly admirable Luxury retailer has an exciting Head of Buying role to be based in the hear...
- Food Buyer
£35,000 - £40,000 | West London, London
Ref: Q101928 | Published: 05th Jan 2017
Food Buyer- West London We are looking for an experienced Food or Ingredients Buyer to lead the b...
- Category Controller - Food
£50,000 - £50,000 | Wembley, Middlesex
Ref: Q101226 | Published: 09th Jan 2017
A leading retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Category Controller to oversee one of the...
- Buyer - Grocery
£31,500 - £31,500 | North London, London
Ref: Q101493 | Published: 09th Jan 2017
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buyer, to join one of the UK's leading Food Retailers...
- Category Manager
£35,000 - £40,000 | South West England,
Ref: Q102069 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
You will be responsible for the delivery of profitable sales across all channels for your specifi...