Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Publisher, Supplements|
|Salary||£80000 - £90000 per annum|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search & Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
One of the major publishing company based in Dubai is looking for a well experienced Publisher, Supplements to be part their team.
As a Publisher, Supplements you will be reporting directly to the Publishing Director and will be accountable for the Supplements P&Ls. And also, you will be responsible for defining the brand strategy for the Supplements business, with a particular focus on developing and implementing a multi-platform strategy for the brands. Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the advertising revenue targets and for operating within the agreed cost budget and leading the Supplements team.
This involves also the following responsibilities:
Key Results Areas (Outputs):
· Agree the annual budget, overall P&L and budget update for the Supplements business.
· Work with the Financial Analyst to monitor performance against key metrics, including financial metrics, and provide periodic reporting against budget as required.
· Develop and maintain an understanding of the brand's key audience groups.
· Work with the advertising team to ensure achievement of all revenue targets and maintain excellent relationships with key advertising agencies and clients.
· Work with the circulation teams to agree and implement a circulation strategy.
· Work with other teams across the business, including finance and production, as required.
· Develop and implement a multi-platform strategy for each brand, identifying and executing new opportunities to extend brand reach and profit, including digital and live event opportunities.
· Manage the editorial and design teams across the brands, setting objectives, monitoring performance and identifying training requirements.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
* Must be conversant with ANM standards, press laws, social, religious and cultural sensitivities and is responsible for ensuring the brand adheres to the Group's ethical policies;
* Must know the organisation's editorial workflows, with a particular focus on the tools used for planning, gathering and editing content;
* Must be fully aware of the publishing and editorial production processes across all media channels within the organisation.
Communications & Working Relationships:
* Daily contact with the Publishing Director, with senior colleagues and with direct reports.
* Daily contact with the advertising teams.
* Regular contact with advertising agencies and advertisers for sales, market knowledge and feedback.
* Contact with other areas such as production, pre-press, IT, Finance, HR, Distribution, as required.
Problem Solving / Complexity:
* Capabilities on addressing the issues arising from publishing magazines and digital media products.
* Required to interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders and effectively manage the complex relationships that arise from a broad spectrum of interactions.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
· Accountable for the Supplements business across their print, digital and live operations. They are also accountable for the financial performance of the business.
· Required to make decisions around staffing issues, including objective setting, performance management, recruitment and training.
To qualify as Publisher Supplements, you must have the following:
· A degree level with 10 years experience in a consumer focused multi-media environment, including magazine publishing.
· Experience managing large, diverse teams.
· Awareness of the key trends affecting the newspaper, consumer magazine and consumer media business
· Financially literate
· Results oriented with strong self-motivation to deliver against targets
· People Skills, ability to influence at senior management level, internally and with
· Ability to work under pressure, keeping to strict deadlines and budgets
· Strong communication skills and with strong interpersonal skills
This is a highly challenging position which in return assures a rewarding salary package. If you have the drive and determination to succeed within a highly rewarding environment, please send us your CV today.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q97966 | Published: almost 2 years ago