Product Designer - Homewares
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Product Designer - Homewares|
|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||about 1 year ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a high-street retailer for an experienced Product Designer. In this multi-channel retailer you will be overseeing the Home Department looking after Lighting, Home Decor, Bath, Kids and Toys Categories. This business is known for quality everyday essentials and home decoration items at affordable prices.
In this role you will part of a team to lead the Design strategy for a given product range with the key focus on meeting financial KPI's & profit margins whilst not compromising on the company's brand and vision.
As a Product Designer your responsibilities will include:
- Have excellent managerial and influencing skills, as well as experience of creating samples and detailed C.A.D's.
- Managing your workload effectively in that the design team and working within the critical path
- Researching Macro and Micro Trends
- You will work collaboratively with the Customer Insight, Buyers and Technical teams to agree the range & volume of product.
- Identifying new design opportunities that will push the boundaries of this retailer and the market sector.
To be successful, you will:
- A track record of success at a Designer within a Homewares, Home decor, Toys or furniture background.
- The ability to research and translate trends is essential
- Proficiency in using design software; including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- A strong communicator, you will have excellent managerial and influencing skills.
- Experience of creating samples and detailed C.A.D's.
- Be able to challenge team performance where necessary & have an understand of succession planning & recruiting top talent!
This is an opportunity to work for a blue-chip retailer but be part of a growing smaller & unique team. If you have the relevant experience and you are operating at this level, please apply ASAP with your updated cv quoting the reference Q98952.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q98952 | Published: about 1 year ago