Merchandiser - Hampshire
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Merchandiser - Hampshire|
|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
This UK & international retailer is currently looking for a Merchandiser for one of their hardline categories. With over 200 stores in the UK and growing; this business is looking for committed Merchandiser within their one of their gorwing categories.
Overall as Merchandiser you'll be responsible for ensuring that the right products are available stores and on-line, at the right time and in the correct quantities.
Your responsibilities are-
- Forecasting and allocation of category
- Analysing past sales trends to anticipate future need - so you'll need to be commercially aware with an analytical flair.
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
- Create processes to maximise profits and manage the performance of ranges
- Planning promotions and markdowns as necessary.
- Training, Development & Succession Planning of team members
- Optimising the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas through effective stock, sales and merchandise planning.
- Working closely with the buying teams to deliver ranges that hit margin targets as well as managing sales performance .
- Developing business plans in managing stock exit plans is also essential including seasonal and end-off-line stock
- Meeting & mimising wastage targets
- You'll use your layout plans that incorporate space and stock planning.
- Ensures the customer is at the forefront of your thinking of all decisions.
To be successful you will-
- Retail or Supplier background with the relevant product categories will be considered - Supermaket, DIY, Furniture (indoor or Outdoors) Household & Home.
- Have merchandising experience within a blue-chip retailer and to have traded a range through a WSSI.
- high influence individual & can consult & make key decisions in a ever-changing market
- Have accountability of a category of 35 - 200 million & in control of the OTB.
- Must be at a Merchandise Planner level
- Previous experience in stock modelling
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills to devise a merchandising plan for multiple produce areas, as well as store.
- Financial Modelling (e.g. Availability, intake planning, margin forecasting)
This business will offer full relocation if not in the current area. If you feel this would be the right opportunity for you please send your cv quoting the reference Q96402A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q96402A | Published: almost 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
£25,000 - £30,000 | Dubai, Dubai
Ref: 101594 | Published: 16th Oct 2016
Looking for a merchandiser with a minimum of 3 years experience handling multiple stores. Merchan...
- Visual Merchandiser
£30,000 - £40,000 | Dubai, Dubai
Ref: 101623 | Published: 19th Oct 2016
- Liaising with teams such as buying, design and marketing to create design themes and plans, oft...
- Junior Buyer
£30,000 - £35,000 | London, London
Ref: Q100713 | Published: 17th Oct 2016
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Junior Buyer to manage a varied range of prod...