Merchandise Planning Manager - Central London
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Merchandise Planning Manager - Central London|
|Salary||£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||10 months ago|
This position is with one of the UK's most iconic retailers in the UK. It's a department store that provides both branded and own-branded merchandise & products for their customers & is looking after their core UK market.
The role is looking after a team that will look after Gifts, Toys, Plush, Entertainment & Stationary categories.
In this position you will be working alongside the Category Manager's you'll use your knowledge of stock management, forecasting & range planning to allow the right product and availability to get to the stores focusing on all product areas and dealing with a high number of SKU's.
The ultimate role is to deliver & effectively manage the planning & allocation of stock to deliver the sales plan through inspirational leadership of your people.
Your responsibilities include -
- Managing the OTB for the business
- Managing a team of 4-5 people within merchandising, international & space planning.
- To contribute to the strategic planning of the Buying and Merchandising function and deliver the planned strategy for the international stores.
- Being able to forecast sales, stock and margin
- Identifying opportunities and risks for the categories
- To own and maintain the overall buying critical path.
- Collate, coordinate and manage the WSSI to define stock and intake targets
- Liaising with the Financial planning team to maintain cash flow targets in the UK and Internationally.
- Working closely with the category & Quality assurance team.
- Oversee the on-going replenishment of all stores while meeting availability targets and operating within set budgets .
- Approve all markdown activity to achieve the margin and markdown budget.
To be successful you must -
- To be successful at this position you'll already be an Senior or Merchandise Manager from a retailer but are open to category whether this is from a department store, supermarket, fashion or mixed good retailer.
- International merchandising experience is desirable and understanding the complexity and costs for international shipment & allocation of stock.
- As well as experience they are looking for a strong team leader where you are strategically driving the team.
- Confident in own actions and decision making.
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy & can maintain a positive frame of mind in others.
- You'll also have excellent excel skills and will be a fantastic problem solver who can work with data to quickly identify solutions.
- Microsoft Office & Advanced Excel skill set and experience in using merchandising management systems,
- Island Pacific experience would be an advantage,
In reward you will have the opportunity to work in a UK leading retailer and also have further benefits that include bonus, competitive pension & staff discount. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q99986A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99986A | Published: 10 months ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Fashion Category Manager
£70,000 - £85,000 | Dubai, Dubai
Ref: 101905 | Published: 04th Dec 2016
This role is a brand new role which has opened up in this team where the candidate wil be respons...
- Womenswear Buyer/Senior Buyer (Maternity Cover)
£35,000 - £45,000 | London, London
Ref: Q101799 | Published: 16th Nov 2016
As a result of their continued success and expansion, this fast fashion retailer has a highly exc...
- Category Manager - West Midlands
£0 | West Midlands, West Midlands
Ref: Q101785 | Published: 11th Nov 2016
Category Manager - West Midlands This role is for a market leading Food, Non Food & Service retai...
- Merchandiser- FMCG
£35,000 - £50,000 | West London, London
Ref: Q101816 | Published: 23th Nov 2016
Merchandiser - London Our client, the market leader in its sector, is looking for a merchandiser ...
- Textiles Buyer
£0 | Jeddah,
Ref: Q101814 | Published: 20th Nov 2016
A leading retail business is currently recruiting for a passionate and talented Buyer specialized...