Lead Merchandiser - Electrical
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Lead Merchandiser - Electrical|
|Salary||£40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
This UK & international retailer is currently looking for a Lead Merchandiser for one of their hardlines ranges.
With over 200 stores in the UK and growing; this business is looking for committed Merchandiser within their Electrical category.
Overall as a Senior Merchandiser you'll be responsible for ensuring that the right products are available in stores and on-line, at the right time and in the correct quantities.
Your responsibilities are-
- Forecasting and allocation of category
- Analysing past sales trends to anticipate future need - so you'll need to be commercially aware with an analytical flair.
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
- Create processes to maximise profits and manage the performance of ranges
- Planning promotions and markdowns as necessary.
- Training, Development & Succession Planning of team members
- Optimising the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas through effective stock, sales and merchandise planning.
- Working closely with the buying teams to deliver ranges that hit margin targets as well as managing sales performance .
- Developing business plans in managing stock exit plans is also essential including seasonal and end-off-line stock
- Wastage targets
- Leading & Developing Junior team members
- You'll use your layout plans that incorporate space and stock planning.
- Plan product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction with buyers
- Ensures the customer is at the forefront of your thinking of all decisions.
To be successful you will-
- Retail or Supplier background with the relevant product categories - Electrical, SDA or DIY are ideal.
- Have merchandising experience within a blue-chip retailer and to have traded a range through a WSSI.
- high influence individual & can consult & make key decisions in a ever-changing market
- Have accountability of a category of 35 - 200 million & in control of the OTB.
- Must be at a Merchandise Planner or Senior Merchandiser level with complete 360 accountability
- Previous experience in stock modelling
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills to devise a merchandising plan for multiple produce areas, as well as store.
- Financial Modelling (e.g. Availability, intake planning, margin forecasting)
This business will offer relocation assistance if not in the current area as well as bonus and other benefits reflective of a blue-chip business. If you feel this would be the right opportunity for you please send your cv quoting the reference Q98120!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q98120 | Published: almost 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Assistant Merchandiser
£19,000 - £25,000 | Manchester, Greater Manchester
Ref: Q101921_1490017750 | Published: 20th Mar 2017
This is a great opportunity for a proactive Assistant Merchandiser to progress their career with ...
- Assistant Merchandiser
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102690_1488389236 | Published: 01th Mar 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic Assistant Merchandiser to join a fun multi-pr...
- Area Visual Merchandiser - Cambridge
£30,000 - £32,000 | Cambridgeshire
Ref: Q102382_1488290184 | Published: 28th Feb 2017
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of UK's most well-known and successful retail busines...