Knitwear Buyer - London
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Knitwear Buyer - London|
|Salary||£35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||12 months ago|
Knitwear Buyer is needed for this fast paced fashion brand who is massively expanding and looking for a very detailed and passionate individual to join their team in London office. The perfect candidate will be expected to deliver commercial viable ranges that meet department and company sales and profit targets, while maintain strategic business focus.
You will be responsible for:
- Keeping an up-to-date commercial understanding of current and future trends by visiting suppliers' and competitors' outlets. Have a sharp fashion eye with recognized ability to spot emerging trends.
- Planning, sourcing and buying of merchandise at category level in a commercial environment. Always analysing current and past sales information to identify success and failure in order to plan effectively.
- Ensuring ranges are selected within timescales sufficient to meet required "on sale" dates in line with agreed company promotional calendars and making operational departments understand what is required.
- Operating within set financial budgets for sales, margins, stock and open to buy.
- Negotiating cost prices, in the best interest of the company, so achieving financial budgets set for sales, margins, stock and open-to-buy whilst taking into account range and sales plans.
- Taking the necessary action to ensure achievement of terminal stock and margin targets.
- Maintaining effective and professional supplier and factory relationships, so as to develop and sustain a sound supply structure fulfilling the company requirements by using suppliers' capabilities and specialties to best advantage.
- Establishing and ensuring the maintenance of expected company quality standards. Ensuring correct fit of garments to brand specifications by working closely with QC and suppliers.
- Managing the critical path with junior members of the team in that all key cut off dates are met and delays avoided.
- Training and developing members of the team to achieve their potential, focusing on the individual needs by working on development plans and continually reviewing.
You will also need:
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team, to meet tight deadlines and demonstrate a passion about the product. Keeping up-to-date with all media channels, blogs, magazines, trends sites, music etc.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills. Being able to develop junior members of the team by understanding their individual needs.
- Full understanding of the merchandising role and the relationship between it and the buying department. Working closely to balance trading and planning to create timely and exciting ranges for the stores. Ability to adapt to a fast changing market.
- Excellent analytical skills and commercial awareness by being able to always think strategically to drive company profit targets.
- Managing upwards - ensuring always a professional manner is projected to line managers and directors.
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate effectively with suppliers and senior managers. Have a creative yet calm approach to problem solving.
- Proven commercial success in a ladies fashion retailer in a Head Office environment, especially sourcing, negotiation and range planning skills.
- Maintenance of confidentiality at all times.
- Working closely with design to captures and develop the latest trends and with technologists to ensure fit satisfies the company's high quality standard
- Undertake branch visits during the year to ensure awareness of our business, market and competition.
- Effective communication both internally & externally - with suppliers, stock allocation, distribution and retail.
- To keep up to date with current company policies and communications.
- Provide leadership, management and development to the team.
- Ensure good working relationships across all areas of the business.
- Project a professional and enthusiastic image at all times.
Health & Safety
- To be continuously aware of your responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To maintain high standards of hygiene and housekeeping.
- To read and understand Health and Safety Risk Assessments.
- To understand current emergency evacuation procedures.
- To report any required maintenance of Company equipment, fixtures and fittings.
Personal Training & Development
- To demonstrate the ability to evaluate, take accountability and to develop own performance.
If you are interested in this role , please email your cv quoting reference number Q100796
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q100796 | Published: 12 months ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Established Denims Buyer - Womenswear Fashion
£45,000 - £50,000 | London
Ref: Q101799_1494344958 | Published: 09th May 2017
As a result of their continued success and expansion, this fast fashion retailer has a highly exc...
- Assistant Buyer - Toys & Impulse Buys
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102691_1494163625 | Published: 07th May 2017
This Market leading brand and department store in Central London is looking for an Assistant Buye...
- National Sales Manager - London
£45,000 - £75,000 | City of London, London
Ref: Q103131_1494416242 | Published: 10th May 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an online marketplace start-up that has exciting plans...
- Assistant Store Manager - South West London
£19,000 - £22,000 | South West London, London
Ref: Q103095_1493370300 | Published: 28th Apr 2017
A new opportunity has arisen with a well known self-storage provider that is now looking for an A...
- Senior Category Manager - Drinks
£48,000 - £50,000 | West Midlands
Ref: Q103019_1493198489 | Published: 26th Apr 2017
This high street retailer is looking to recruit a Senior Category Manager within their drinks cat...