Junior & Senior Sales Trader - FMCG
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Junior & Senior Sales Trader - FMCG|
|Salary||£30000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||over 1 year ago|
Company: We are a well established wholesale trading company who specialise in supplying branded drinks, personal care products and toiletries to discount retailers and wholesalers throughout Europe and the UK.
Role: Responsible for achieving or exceeding given sales/profit targets and to maintain, develop and increase sales to those sales areas or accounts or territories agreed with the sales director by selling company products to the top tier discount retailers across the UK and Europe.
- Maintaining, developing and increasing sales to those areas or accounts as defined.
- Create strength of working relationship to ensure that Rowan become preferred supplier, influencing across multiple functions within the customer base..
- On the basis of agreed cost prices and margins, manage prices, taking into account currency factors.
- Contact customers at owner/director/head buyer level and make offers and negotiate sales.
- Work within agreed credit limits to ensure no commercial decisions are made which will take customers outside these set credit limits.
- Plan forward to arrange field trips, conduct customer visits where required, attend exhibitions as necessary; handle directly or indirectly customer complaints.
- Liaise with appropriate internal departments to cover such items as; technical specifications, packaging and labelling requirements, availability of products, health requirements, documentation requirements etc.
- Liaise with the buying team on strategy, prices, supply and demand etc., particularly with regard to
- the existing customer base.
- Liaise with Shipping and Transport on delivery documentation requirements and advising customers.
- To monitor all relevant market information from source, including competitor activity, to enable trading policy to be decided. This will include giving advice on prices, forward stock and availability at source.
- Sales versus target
- GP versus target
- Number of calls/contacts attempted
- Number of successful presentations made to customers
- Number/value of offers submitted to customers Number
- Quarterly new customer target
- Knowledge of the grocery retail market or
- Experience in a telephone marketing/commercial environment
- Experience of target market territory very helpful
- Any kind of trading experience an advantage
- Exposure to and understanding of issues such as export shipping, duty and international payment systems etc is preferred by not essential. Languages preferred but not essential.
- A natural instinctive deal maker with a feel for making a sale
- Put their need to be successful in business above everything else
- Hungry and ambitious, but emotionally mature and stable
- Self-assured but not arrogant.
- Empathetic, - able to "tune in" to the moods of others.
- Someone who follows through, a self-starter who ensures completion.
- Able to engender trust and support from colleagues. - 'team player'
- Open minded, willing to learn.
- Competitive, confident and robust, but like-able and social
*THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL SPEAK FLUENT ITALIAN, GERMAN OR DUTCH*
- Negotiable salary based on proven successful sales track-record
- Quarterly bonus based on personal target
Must have easy access to Basildon, Essex on a daily basis.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q95864 | Published: over 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Sales Advisor
£15,000 - £18,000 | New Malden, Surrey
Ref: Q100933 | Published: 04th Oct 2016
My client, a market leading and well known British self-storage provider, consistently in The Sun...
- Wine Sales Executive
£30,000 - £40,000 | Dubai, Dubai
Ref: Q100998 | Published: 16th Oct 2016
A highly successful alcohol vendor is currently looking to hire a dynamic and highly driven Wine ...
- Cosmetics Sales Promoter - Qatar
£100,000 - £101,000 | Qatar,
Ref: 101389 | Published: 13th Oct 2016
We are looking for females with experience in the direct selling of cosmetics to join our team of...
- Key Account Manager
£45,000 - £60,000 | Jeddah,
Ref: Q101614 | Published: 18th Oct 2016
Our client is a first-class consumer good business known for being a major player within its indu...
- National Account Manager - Alcohol - Dubai
£36,000 - £55,000 | Dubai, Dubai
Ref: 101249 | Published: 04th Oct 2016
A well-established alcoholic beverage company, part of one of the largest groups in Dubai, is loo...