Assistant Buyer - Hardware
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Assistant Buyer - Hardware|
|Salary||£25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||over 2 years ago|
My client is looking for an Assistant Buyer to join one of the UK's FTSE 250 retailers. With over 300 stores and plans to top open c100 more this non-food retail has shown single digit positive growth with on-going development plans.
The duties and responsibilities centre reporting to and supporting the Buyer, you will manage, maintain and further develop your own specified area within this hardlines category in line with business plans and initiatives. Commercially astute, through product knowledge, creativity and strong supplier relationships you will ensure the continued evolution and development of this market range.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Planning, sourcing and developing a commercial successful range.
- Negotiating cost prices and delivery dates.
- Maintaining the range development critical path in support of our iterative buying cycle
- Ensuring that all samples meets the brands high standards.
- Completing regular competitor shops and market research. Making suggestions for new products and developments.
- Actively managing and training junior members of the department.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience at Assistant Buyer level minimum with a leading retailer.
- Demonstrable experience working within Furniture, Electrical, hardlines ideally - however other categories will definitely be considered and will not be discounted!
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in your approach.
- Have excellent numerical skills
- Have strong communication and negotiation skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading retailer going from strength to strength! As we as this you will have the opportunity to earn a 1/4 of your salary in bonus! If you do fit the criteria & you are looking for a new challenge; please apply now quoting the reference Q96844.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q96844 | Published: over 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Assistant Buyer - Toys & Impulse Buys
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102691_1494163625 | Published: 07th May 2017
This Market leading brand and department store in Central London is looking for an Assistant Buye...
- Established Denims Buyer - Womenswear Fashion
£45,000 - £50,000 | London
Ref: Q101799_1494344958 | Published: 09th May 2017
As a result of their continued success and expansion, this fast fashion retailer has a highly exc...
- Assistant Merchandiser
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q103151_1495213305 | Published: 19th May 2017
This global luxury brand is looking for a commercially aware Assistant Planner who will support t...
- Senior Category Manager - Drinks
£48,000 - £50,000 | West Midlands
Ref: Q103019_1493198489 | Published: 26th Apr 2017
This high street retailer is looking to recruit a Senior Category Manager within their drinks cat...