Industrial Placement Student (HR)
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Industrial Placement Student (HR)|
|Salary||£12000 - £15000 per annum|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search & Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||about 1 year ago|
Quest Search & Selection is seeking an Industrial Placement student to join the team based in Hammersmith for 12 months. We are an 'Investors in People' company providing recruitment services to a wide range of blue-chip organizations in the manufacturing and retail sectors. The London office employs about 15 people a modern hi-tech office environment.
· Recruitment Resourcing; helping consultants fill client jobs using online searching of Job Boards; Linked In and direct Head-hunting.
· Administration and telephone communications for the consultants
· Support projects.
· General office administration back-up..
· Reporting to the Managing Director with dotted line responsibilities to Senior consulting staff members..
· Dealing with requests/queries from Directors or Managers
· Covering switchboard, dealing with queries and taking messages
· Managing and coordinating interview room bookings
· Providing cv front covers for Managers when requested
· Organizing meetings and assessment days both internally and on behalf of clients
· Monitoring broadbean and managing allocation
· Typing up documents including client proposals, presentations etc
· Processing job leads and sending out ad chases
· Organizing candidate visas
· Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
· Ensuring kitchen supplies are available eg milk, tea, coffee etc
· Ensuring all meeting rooms are clean, tidy and ready for use
· Ordering new equipment, stationery and general office supplies
· Ensuring that all equipment and facilities work and that things are fixed or replaced in a timely fashion
· Dealing with Kamanchi requests regarding system faults, cvs, processing duplicates etc
· Monitoring all general/central in-boxes
· Setting up new starters on the system and removing departing employees
· Sending out offer letters, contracts of employment, company handbook etc to new joiners
· Collecting, filing and keeping all personnel records on staff
· Keeping holiday and sickness records up to date and accurate
· All formal letters regarding salary reviews, promotions, disciplinaries, references etc
· Keeping Sage HR records up to date
TRAVEL & ENTERTAINMENT
· Booking trains, hotels, flights where necessary
· Organising appropriate refreshments for clients, candidates, assessment days etc
· Organising corporate functions eg Christmas party, team building or social events, client functions, networking events etc
Support staff should priorities their workload using the following guidelines:
1. Any work that directly impacts our ability to make money is a top priority eg cv front covers, answering the phone, proposals, systems issues, equipment failure etc
2. Any tasks that impact on our external image/brand eg telephone manner, meeting rooms, quality of documents sent out, potential rec cons, websites etc. are also very important
3. Internal tasks such as HR records, holiday, sickness, duplicates monitoring in-boxes, filing etc are secondary tasks
· Good communication skills.
· Computer literacy, keyboard skills and MS Office.
· Positive attitude.
· Ideally studying HR or Business
· Good written and organizational skills
· Hammersmith, London. W6
If you think you are qualified, send us your CV and have a blast with the rewarding salary package
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q98909 | Published: about 1 year ago