Head of Supply Chain & Logistics
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Head of Supply Chain & Logistics|
|Salary||£85000 - £100000 per annum + Relocation Package + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||8 months ago|
This retailer in Jersey is currently looking for a Head of Purchasing & Logistics. This role has been created at an executive level due to changes within their stock holding. Reporting into board you will be looking after all aspects of product procurement, including range selection, terms, pricing, stock holding, movement & supply chain.
This Retail & Consumer business has been established for over 50 years and continues to grow based on their ethos to be a main focal point of the community and be able to provide the service that their customers & community require.
The ultimate role is to strategically deliver & effectively manage the planning & allocation of stock to deliver the sales plan through inspirational leadership of your people.
Your responsibilities include -
- You will be involved in a developing a strategy to ensure delivering improved profitability through increasing efficiencies. This will include forecasting and re-forecasting for all areas of purchasing, stock and logistics.
- The role will involve working very closely with the buyers to ensure we have the correct planning and strategy in place to manage stock effectively.
- Overseeing the Supplies and Logistics function that delivers accurate deliver of product.
- Within Purchasing you will be involved in pricing, negotiations of terms and consumer trends across Food & Non- Food.
- Developing a sales and promotional programme for all retail activities maximises sales within retail seasonality.
Tobe suitable for this position -
- This individual must be an experience senior head of within Supply Chain & Logistics where you have exposures & accountability of the purchasing side also.
- Ideally this individual with come from a supermarket, mixed-goods, convenience or FMCG retailer.
- The is a key leadership role managing leading 3 teams in everything regarding Merchandising/Planning, Purchasing & Supply Chain.
- Have been involved in putting strategy together and influence and a senior level regarding Budgets and driving Gross Profit.
- Excellent stakeholder relationship.
- The is a role that requires that you touches a number of areas including the construction of merchandise ranges, space allocation, stock movements & Supply Chain so is looking for an individual who can has great commercial awareness within various aspects of the business.
- You will be involved in the competitive price structures for the appropriate range of merchandise, stock turnover and wastage control & ultimately be involved in the availability & range plans of product across the portfolio of stores.
Relocating to the Channel Islands represents a fantastic opportunity and lifestyle that you perhaps cannot obtain in the UK. Lower tax rate and social security (only up to 20% tax!) Jersey is one of the sunniest places in the British Isles. Relaxing lifestyle & VAT has not been levied in the Channel so luxury goods have often been cheaper than in the UK or in France. In return you will receive full visa to work on the island which allows you to be on the local market for housing, bonuses (profit related), pension and staff discount. This is a great opportunity for a career and lifestyle change.
If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q99844.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99844 | Published: 8 months ago