Head of Merchandising - London
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Head of Merchandising - London|
|Salary||£75000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||about 1 year ago|
This international iconic retailer is looking for a new senior leadership position as an Interim Head of Merchandising report into the board. This well-established brand & company is seeking a forward thinking leader to develop the movement of goods of their branded and own brand products in their Domestic & International stores.
This business has over 50 stores in the UK & international with a turnover of over 100 - 150 million & is looking for someone like-for like experience to come on board and inspire & lead a team and work within their Business Strategy and principles.
The ultimate role is to deliver effective management and planning of inventory to deliver the sales and profit plan involved in the Stock, Supply Chain, & Forecasting for all their stores and multi-channel offer.
Your responsibilities are-
- To oversee the control of all stock, supply chain, availability, forecasting and budgets
- Managing & leading a team of 9-12 people
- Being heavily involved in the structure & succession planning of the team regarding the proactively monitoring of performances and stretch responsibility for promotion.
- To contribute and delivering the planned strategy regarding maximising sales and profit opportunities whilst achieving stock and service & margin contributions.
- As a member of the senior executive team, you will be a high influencer & look to get buy-in from stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Buying & Category team.
- Own brand forecasting and range plan in line with seasonal and trend demands
- Propose, agree and manage the clearance plan for products due to be exited from the business.
- Review weekly trading performance and achieved KPI's & identifying issues and solutions.
- Review weekly achieved sales, margin, stock & intake versus forecast. Propose & agree, with the CCO, revisions to forecast.
- Manage the 'Open to Buy' process ensuring that stock levels optimise sales by minimising overstocks and maximising stock on key lines.
To be successful you will-
- Highly experience Merchandising (Head of or Senior Merchandising) experience within a high-street retailer and to have traded a range through a WSSI & high experienced in Financial Modelling (e.g. Availability, intake planning, margin).
- They would consider most backgrounds in supermarkets, home, mixed goods especially if they are involved with international /franchise stores including overseas markets and logistics.
- Currently this business operation has stores in the Far-East, Europe, Middle East & Asian markets via franchised and company own stores so exposure to these markets will be ideal.
- Be able to demonstrate skills in the delivery of sales, profit and stock targets in a complex and fast moving environment
- Ability to problem solve in multi-channel business and work cross-functional with teams
- High level of influencing skills to make impact at a director level
- Strong understanding of sourcing and global supply chains
- Ability to communicate a clear vision and inspire colleagues to achieve the highest possible level of performance
- Ability to work to a high standard during sustained periods of high pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent commercial, trading and data interpretation skills
- Good knowledge of external market trends & commerciality both in the UK and overseas
This role will be suited to someone immediately available or open to a contract position. It is a great leadership position for someone and will provide you the opportunity to work in Central London. If you believe that you have the relevant experience, please apply now quoting the reference Q99845.We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99845 | Published: about 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q80190_1487938345 | Published: 24th Feb 2017
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable Head of Merchandisi...
- Merchandising Assistant - Manchester
£16,000 - £18,000 | Manchester, Greater Manchester
Ref: Q101968_1489425924 | Published: 13th Mar 2017
Merchandising Assistant - Manchester My client, a premium fashion company is looking for a Mercha...
- Category Merchandising Manager- Retail
£30,000 - £35,000 | Cardiff
Ref: Q1020565_1488278302 | Published: 28th Feb 2017
Category Merchandising Manager - Cardiff This role is for a market leading Food, Non Food & Servi...
£20,000 - £25,000 | North London, London
Ref: Q102652_1487957721 | Published: 24th Feb 2017
This internationally-renowned luxury fashion and lifestyle brand is looking for an analytical All...
- Assistant Merchandiser
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102690_1488389236 | Published: 01th Mar 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic Assistant Merchandiser to join a fun multi-pr...