Head of International Merchandising - London
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Head of International Merchandising - London|
|Salary||£70000 - £80000 per annum + Car Allownace + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||over 1 year ago|
This international iconic retailer is looking for a new senior leadership position as a Head of Merchandising report into the board. This well-established brand & company is seeking a forward thinking leader to develop the movement of goods of their branded and own brand products in their Domestic & International stores.
This business has over 50 stores in the UK & international with a turnover of over 100 - 150 million & is looking for someone like-for like experience to come on board and inspire & lead a team and work within their Business Strategy and principles.
The ultimate role is to deliver effective management and planning of inventory to deliver the sales and profit plan involved in the Stock Supply Chain, Forecasting and Space Planning. This role will be for all their stores with a focus on their international-own and franchise stores as well as their online offer.
Your responsibilities are-
- To oversee the control of all stock, supply chain, availability, forecasting and budgets
- Managing & leading a team of 9-12 people
- Being heavily involved in the structure & succession planning of the team regarding the proactively monitoring of performances and stretch responsibility for promotion.
- To contribute and delivering the planned strategy regarding maximising sales and profit opportunities whilst achieving stock and service & margin contributions.
- As a member of the senior executive team, you will be a high influencer & look to get buy-in from stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Buying & Category team.
- Own brand forecasting and range plan in line with seasonal and trend demands
- Propose, agree and manage the clearance plan for products due to be exited from the business.
- Review weekly trading performance and achieved KPI's & identifying issues and solutions.
- Review weekly achieved sales, margin, stock & intake versus forecast. Propose & agree, with the CCO, revisions to forecast.
- Manage the 'Open to Buy' process ensuring that stock levels optimise sales by minimising overstocks and maximising stock on key lines.
To be successful you will-
- Highly experience Merchandising (Head of or Senior Merchandising) experience within a high-street retailer and to have traded a range through a WSSI & high experienced in Financial Modelling (e.g. Availability, intake planning, margin).
- They would consider most backgrounds in Fashion, supermarkets, home, mixed goods especially if they are involved with international /franchise stores including overseas markets and logistics.
- Currently this business operation has stores in the Far-East, Europe, Middle East & Asian markets via franchised and company own stores so exposure to these markets will be ideal.
- Be able to demonstrate skills in the delivery of sales, profit and stock targets in a complex and fast moving environment
- Ability to problem solve in multi-channel business and work cross-functional with teams
- High level of influencing skills to make impact at a director level
- Strong understanding of sourcing and global supply chains
- Ability to communicate a clear vision and inspire colleagues to achieve the highest possible level of performance
- Plan, budget and forecast for a time period of 6-24 months in advance.
- Ability to work to a high standard during sustained periods of high pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent commercial, trading and data interpretation skills
- Good knowledge of external market trends & commerciality both in the UK and overseas
This is a great leadership position for someone and will provide you the opportunity to work in Central London. This is part of a new journey where you will be able to influence and lead in a fast growing company & offering excellent salary and benefits. If you believe that you have the relevant experience and are enthusiastic about this role, please apply now quoting the reference Q99845A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99845A | Published: over 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q80190_1493389073 | Published: 28th Apr 2017
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable Head of Merchandisi...
- Head of Buying
£60,000 - £65,000 | Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Ref: 103157_1495461740 | Published: 22th May 2017
We are currently working with a rapid-growing company and they are currently looking to hire a He...
- Head Category Manager - Fresh
£75,000 - £100,000 | Hertfordshire
Ref: Q101272_1494175514 | Published: 07th May 2017
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Category Manager, to join one of the UK's FTSE l...
- Assistant Buyer - Toys & Impulse Buys
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102691_1494163625 | Published: 07th May 2017
This Market leading brand and department store in Central London is looking for an Assistant Buye...
- Established Denims Buyer - Womenswear Fashion
£45,000 - £50,000 | London
Ref: Q101799_1494344958 | Published: 09th May 2017
As a result of their continued success and expansion, this fast fashion retailer has a highly exc...