Head of Buying - Food
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Head of Buying - Food|
|Salary||£60000 - £64000 per annum + 12k Car Allowance +20% Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||about 2 years ago|
A leading retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Head of Buying to oversee one of the growing product divisions their Food categories. As a head of category you will be responsible for owning and influencing the trading plan to reduce costs, optimise terms with partners and to maximise turnover and profitability.
Here you will develop and implement a category based trading plan that leverages scale and efficiency that delivers and exceeds income budgets whilst supporting all parts of the succession plan.
In this role you will be looking after a team from Buying Manager's, Buyers, graduates and support staff. Through your team you will lead and get the buy in for your trategy.ie sales plan, cost of goods & brand.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable and progressive financial support.
In this position you responsibilities include:
- To develop, implement, and review a trading plan
- Reduce costs where possible with suppliers
- Optimise terms with suppliers that are beneficial for both parties
- Build effective relationship with the suppliers and other key stakeholders to deliver the trading area's sales and income plan
- To assist the recruitment, induction, training, development and management
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
- Have gained a commercial understanding of the brand and commercial requirements
- Working closely with range and brand team regarding availability levels of products
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buying/Trading or Category Management at a Senior, Manager or Head of Level within Food Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment.
- This will need someone with high influence and ability to challenge the status quo
- Have the tenacity ownership & drive to develop the potential of the category
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Working towards large & complex P & L budgets and making both reactive and proactive decisions from this.
- Manage and implement projects which will increase sales & income
- Range Planning
- Working closely with Planning, Distribution & Marketing teams
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which includes Bonus, Private healthcare, Generous car or car allowance & Contributory Pension. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q97283.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q97283 | Published: about 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Buying Asssitant
£18,000 - £22,000 | Slough, Berkshire
Ref: Q101881_1490260731 | Published: 23th Mar 2017
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of UK's most well-known and successful homewares reta...
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q80190_1487938345 | Published: 24th Feb 2017
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable Head of Merchandisi...
- Buying Director - Fashion
£100,000 | Riyadh
Ref: Q91372_1488800207 | Published: 06th Mar 2017
My client is a retailer based in the Middle-East, and they are currently seeking a Buying Directo...
- Assistant Buyer
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102691_1488389934 | Published: 01th Mar 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic Assistant Buyer to join a fun multi-product r...
£35,000 - £45,000 | London
Ref: Q101797_1490376453 | Published: 24th Mar 2017
This opportunity is with a fast-paced high-street fashion brand, with a growing nationwide store ...