Group Buying Manager - Midlands
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Group Buying Manager - Midlands|
|Salary||£60000 - £65000 per annum + Car+ Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||about 2 years ago|
My client is looking for an Group Buying Manager to join one of the UK's FTSE retailer. With over 300 stores and plans to top open c100 more this non-food retail has shown single digit positive growth with on-going development plans.
The duties and responsibilities centre reporting to and supporting the Buying Director, you will manage, maintain and further develop the division in-line with company business plans and initiatives.
Key responsibilities will also include to lead and inspire a team to :
- Develop and agree the strategic direction for all categories
- Planning, sourcing and developing a commercial successful range.
- Negotiating cost prices and delivery dates.
- Manage and develop key strategic relationships with suppliers
- Maintain excellent knowledge of market and industry developments and assess possible implications for the business
- Negotiate product cost and rebates
- Implement appropriate sourcing solutions to meet category needs
- Find new sources and negotiate terms with suppliers
- Maintaining the range development critical path in support of our iterative buying cycle
- Ensuring that all samples meets the brands high standards.
- Completing regular competitor shops and market research
- Making suggestions for new products and developments
- Actively managing and training junior members of the department.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a Buying Manager or senior buying role within a retailer -categories that would be ideal include Furniture, Electrical, hardlines ideally - however other categories will definitely be considered and will not be discounted!
- Experience of managing and developing a team of Buyers and Junior Buyers
- Inspirational leadership and people management skills
- International sourcing experience including Far East and Europe including understanding of country and global supply chain processes
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships, with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Financially astute with a deep understanding of margin and pricing
- Able to think strategically and translate this into operational actions that deliver sales growth and margin improvement
- A natural team player with the ability to manage cross departmental relationships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading retailer going from strength to strength! As we as this you will have the opportunity to earn a 1/3 of your salary in bonus, car or car allowance and other benefits associated with a blue-chip business. If you do fit the criteria & you are looking for a new challenge; please apply now quoting the reference Q97074.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q96415 | Published: about 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Buying Manager
£80,000 | Moscow
Ref: Q84803_1490803152 | Published: 29th Mar 2017
Leading high volume fast fashion retailer with continued plans to break into new markets are curr...
- Buying Asssitant
£18,000 - £22,000 | Slough, Berkshire
Ref: Q101881_1490260731 | Published: 23th Mar 2017
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of UK's most well-known and successful homewares reta...
- Buying Director - Fashion
£100,000 | Riyadh
Ref: Q91372_1488800207 | Published: 06th Mar 2017
My client is a retailer based in the Middle-East, and they are currently seeking a Buying Directo...
- Assistant Buyer
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102691_1488389934 | Published: 01th Mar 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic Assistant Buyer to join a fun multi-product r...
£35,000 - £45,000 | London
Ref: Q101797_1490376453 | Published: 24th Mar 2017
This opportunity is with a fast-paced high-street fashion brand, with a growing nationwide store ...