Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Food Buyer|
|Salary||£28000 - £35000 per annum|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||over 1 year ago|
A unique and hugely successful food business that supplies innovative, high quality and speciality foods is seeking a buyer for one of their biggest spend areas.
The business is committed to providing inspiration and excellence to a wide variety of customers right across the food industry and they offer strong development opportunities to their employees.
As a buyer your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage your supply base in line with category plans and build and maintain effective relationships
- Negotiating contract terms with suppliers to achieve optimum commercial benefit
- Identify and implement cost saving and improved supply opportunities to drive continuous improvement in range, quality and pricing
- Work with the wider buying tem to develop the business buying processes and strategy
- Work cross functionally across the business to ensure continuity of supply and successful execution of new product launches and projects
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have at least 3 years buying experience. Strong junior buying experience will be considered.
- Have experience in food buying - experience in chilled, dairy, meat, ambient ingredients and commodities will be beneficial
- Have an understanding of supply chains and international markets and suppliers
- Have excellent communication skills across all levels of business and be able to influence
- Be able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders and decision makers
- Have a strong commercial acumen and be a confident negotiator
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
If you feel you have the experience required and are looking to join a business that continues to experience success then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q97886 | Published: over 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Junior Buyer
£30,000 - £35,000 | London, London
Ref: Q100713 | Published: 17th Oct 2016
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Junior Buyer to manage a varied range of prod...
- Senior Buyer - Grocery
£31,500 - £31,500 | North London, London
Ref: Q101493 | Published: 21th Sep 2016
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer, to join one of the UK's leading Food Re...
- Buyer- Fixed Term Contract
£30,000 - £35,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q101049 | Published: 23th Sep 2016
Buyer- Accessories- Own Brand- 12 Month FTC This leading high-street retailer renowned for their ...
- Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded)
£50,000 - £60,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q101473 | Published: 26th Sep 2016
Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded) A leading high street retailer based in London, South of the ri...
- Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty
£30,000 - £45,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q100514 | Published: 12th Oct 2016
Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty This leading high-street retailer renowned for their everyday house...