Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Food Buyer|
|Salary||£34000 - £38000 per annum|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||over 2 years ago|
A unique and hugely successful food business that supplies innovative, high quality and speciality foods is seeking a buyer for their team.
The business is committed to providing inspiration and excellence to a wide variety of customers right across the food industry including manufacturers, major retailers and foodservice companies so the role will be diverse and offer exposure to lots of sectors of the food industry.
As a buyer your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage your supply base in line with category plans and build and maintain effective relationships
- Negotiating contract terms with suppliers to achieve optimum commercial benefit
- Identify and implement cost saving and improved supply opportunities to drive continuous improvement in range, quality and pricing
- Work with the wider buying tem to develop the business buying processes and strategy
- Work cross functionally across the business to ensure continuity of supply and successful execution of new product launches and projects
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have at least 3 years buying experience in a food related categories
- Have an understanding of supply chains and international markets and suppliers
- Have excellent communication skills across all levels of business and be able to influence
- Be able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders and decision makers
- Have a strong commercial acumen and be a confident negotiator
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
If you feel you have the experience required and are looking to join a business that continues to experience success then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q96724 | Published: over 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Assistant Buyer
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102691_1488389934 | Published: 01th Mar 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic Assistant Buyer to join a fun multi-product r...
- Buyer - Beds and Furniture
£40,000 - £50,000 | London
Ref: Q102679_1488382869 | Published: 01th Mar 2017
Buyer - Beds and Furniture A leading retailer based in central London is seeking an established B...
- Category Merchandising Manager- Retail
£30,000 - £35,000 | Cardiff
Ref: Q1020565_1488278302 | Published: 28th Feb 2017
Category Merchandising Manager - Cardiff This role is for a market leading Food, Non Food & Servi...