Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Editor (B2B)|
|Salary||£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search & Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||8 months ago|
This online publication seeks a highly motivated and inspiring editor to take their daily news site to the next level and to maintain its number one position within its B2B and B2C media space. The business has a large readership within its sector but it sees many opportunities for growth in its main market as well as in new niches.
As the Editor you will be responsible for ensuring online writing captures to attention of our loyal readers and finds us new ones. You will work with a small team (2 other journalists) to ensure the magazine is successful, relevant and always first with breaking news. Along with handling the daily incoming stories you will also work on features and interviews with key people in this vibrant business sector.
- Manage a small team and report to the publisher (who works across other businesses; hence this role is relatively independent).
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of the media's marketplace - this is a huge consumer led business sector with several major brands.
- Take the lead in developing, implementing and rolling out HR policies and procedures and dissemination these through the various channels of communication.
- Provide advice to HR associates and management by partnering on various complex HR processes and procedures.
- Drive the key talent objectives and oversee the talent development, succession planning, and assessment of several departments.
- Undertake role evaluations and define/create new positions as per the business' requires. Conduct compensation assessments by working with corporate compensation department.
- Understand the pulse of the company's employee population and advise on engagement and employee morale plus future performance impacts of changes within the expanding business.
- Use retention strategies to support the culture and reduce any turnover.
- Engage with employees through talent dashboards that evaluate the staffs' efforts and provide predictive analytics for decisions regarding training and development needs.
- Manage employee awareness by contributing to the design and roll out of communications.
- Partner or lead larger scale projects at a corporate Human Resources level.
- Provide both direct or indirect managerial guidance and expertise through a consultative approach to partnering with parties to solve business issues.
- Completes other duties and assignments as required.
- Degree or MBA equivalent plus CIPD or similar related HR generalist experience
- 8 years of HR experience.
- A broad HR generalist understanding of human resources principles, procedures and techniques as well as strategies to assess HR implications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, good judgment, and the ability to maintain strict codes of confidentiality and discretion.
- Good project management and analytical skills.
- A strong track record of managing conflict resolution.
- Ability to manage and to work as part of a team in a fast paced modern environment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, and to organize tasks and work environment.
- Knowledgeable about organizational design and change management practices.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q100595 | Published: 8 months ago