Designer (Soft Separates)
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Designer (Soft Separates)|
|Salary||£35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||about 2 years ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experience senior designer to join a growing young womenswear fast-fashion retailer. With a focus on soft separates, you will be responsible for designing trend-led and creative garments and prints, as well as working closely with the Buying team to plan future ranges.
As Designer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing trend-led and catwalk-inspired dresses and blouses
- Creating mood-boards and trend reports to demonstrate your vision for the department.
- Working alongside the buying team to ensure brand integrity is maintained and adhered to.
- Trend research - key trends, shapes, colours, prints etc. Undertaking comp shops and trends reports to aid future designs.
- Working cross functionally with Buying, Garment Tech and other departments in the business - attending fit sessions, range reviews and buying meetings.
To be successful you must have the following skills and experience:
- Previous womenswear design experience, specifically in soft separates, in womenswear fast-fashion and have worked in a fast-paced trend-led design environment from another successful retailer or key supplier to the UK high street.
- Education to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Far East travel experience.
- Excellent CAD skills; strong Illustrator and Photoshop are a must. Good hand-sketching and illustration skills are also highly desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A passion for young fast-fashion product.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a young fast-fashion company and to work on exciting and trend-led product. If you think you have the relevant skills and experience, send us your CV today.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q97600 | Published: about 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Design Assistant
£15,000 - £20,000 | London
Ref: Q103147_1495037670 | Published: 17th May 2017
Due to the growth and success of this retailer, they are now seeking a Womenswear Design Assistan...