Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Designer (Occasionwear)|
|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||over 1 year ago|
A leading multi-national UK fashion retailer is looking for an Occasionwear Designer to join its prosperous and growing head office team.
This is the ideal role for an experienced Occassionwear Designer looking for a new challenge, or alternatively a Junior Designer looking for the next step in their career. The successful candidate will be creative with an excellent eye for colour and trends, as well as being enthusiastic, friendly and personable yet professional in their approach.
Principal accountabilities will be:
- Researching and creating unique and individual products for the brand;
- Building on best sellers and working to an option plan covering the necessary diversity within the occassionwear offering.
- Delivering a high quality product; sourcing fabrics, trims and embellishments creating newness each season.
- Actively researching and maintaining a detailed knowledge of current trends, as well high street and competitor brands.
- Working closely with suppliers in the Far East and communicating with suppliers remotely through flat specifications and email;
- Managing the product from design development to production. Working closely with Buying and Garment Technology teams to resolve costing and production issues.
- Building an effective relationship with a broad range of suppliers from Far East and India as well as the UK, and travelling abroad for sourcing and research shopping trips.
Your key skills and experience:
- An experienced ladieswear designer or Junior Designer with formal/occasionwear experience and a contemporary yet still feminine handwriting.
- Experience in sourcing fabrics, trims and embellishments;
- Experience working with the Far East;
- A sound knowledge and experience on fit and garment construction and the ability to communicate efficiently to achieve the fit and look required;
- Sound knowledge of quality and finish on higher priced product and attention to detail;
- Ability to work to the critical path, communicating regularly with Buying and Garment Technology teams.
- An excellent team player with strong work ethic and excellent time management skills;
- Warm and personal but professional approach.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field.
If this sounds like the ideal job role for you please apply now!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99311 | Published: over 1 year ago