Central Merchandise Planner - South Coast, Hampshire
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Central Merchandise Planner - South Coast, Hampshire|
|Salary||£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
This UK & international retailer is currently looking for committed Central Merchandiser who will manage the central WSSI function and come up with pro-active suggestions regarding stock forecasting and stock solutions.
Here you'll be responsible for ensuring that the right products are available stores and on-line, at the right time and in the correct quantities and minimising wastage and overcoming any shortages.
Your responsibilities include-
- Overall forecasting and allocation
- Analysing past sales trends to anticipate future need - so you'll need to be commercially aware with an analytical flair.
- Working closely with the Buyer and merchandising teams
- Manage the flow of stock into the business
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
- Create processes to maximise profits and manage the performance of ranges
- Work collaboratively across business functions
- Developing commercial plans and managing stock exit plans is also essential
- Working closely with our buying teams to deliver ranges that hit margin targets as well as managing sales performance.
- Training, Development & Succession Planning of team members
- Optimising the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas through effective stock, sales and merchandise planning.
- usage of layout plans
- Ensures the customer is at the forefront of your thinking of all decisions.
To be successful you will-
- Have Core or Central Merchandising experience within a blue-chip retailer (will consider most product categories) and to have traded a range through a WSSI.
- Retail or Supplier background with the relevant product categories from a retailer or supplier background.
- Experience of financial Modelling (e.g. availability, intake planning, margin forecasting)
- Experience of developing commercial plans (e.g. exit and range)
- Extensive stakeholder management experience to deliver commercial plans
- Experience of merchandising skills and planning and forecasting a range through a WSSI within a major retailer
- Commercial understanding of the wider business
- Worked in an Omni Channel
- Provide clear OTB risks and opportunities in season trading.
- Previous experience in stock modelling
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills to devise a merchandising plan for multiple produce areas, as well as store.
This business will offer full relocation if not in the current area and various other benefits that reflect a blue-chip business including private healthcare & contributory pension. If you feel this would be the right opportunity for you please send your cv quoting the reference Q97391A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q97391A | Published: almost 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Merchandise Planning Director
£60,000 - £70,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q102055 | Published: 11th Jan 2017
Our client is an International Retail Brand and they are looking for a Merchandise Planning Direc...
- Merchandising Admin Assistant
£18,000 - £21,000 | London
Ref: Q102016 | Published: 04th Jan 2017
My client, an exciting fashion retailer, are expanding their merchandising department and looking...
- Micro Space Analyst
£0 | South East England,
Ref: Q102215 | Published: 20th Jan 2017
Micro Space Analyst A well-known international retailer is looking to expand their Space Planning...
- Senior Merchandiser
£55,000 - £60,000 | London
Ref: Q102042 | Published: 09th Jan 2017
A leading multiproduct retailer, with impressive growth plans for 2017, is looking for an excepti...