Category Manager - Food
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Manager - Food|
|Salary||£35000 - £48000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||9 months ago|
This retail is looking to recruit a Category/Buying Manager to oversee their Fresh, category. This business has been on the high-street for over 50 years and has over 150 stores and are well represented nationwide and still continue to grow.
As a Category Controller you will be responsible for the buying, supply and development of a range of products to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability.
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
- Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers and drive excellent business relationships with both UK and European suppliers.
- Drive cost down within supply base where needed
- Agree and document joint business plans with all key suppliers
- promotional planning
- Assisting with the creation of cost/sales budgets and working within these financial constraints
- Increased levels of supplier income
- The control of product pricing policies both at wholesale and retail level
- Demonstrate best practice supplier management techniques
- Utilise knowledge of the produce market to ensure the company retains a competitive offer all year round, whilst taking advantage of key seasonal peaks to drive incremental sales activity
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of produce suppliers and contacts to ensure the company maintains availability and competiveness
- Work with the produce supply chain team to manage seasonal challenges to retain best in class availability and quality
- Drive sales and profit through the strategic planning of the category alongside active competitor analysis, whilst satisfying customer needs
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within Retail, Supplier or wholesale, food or supermarket background
- Track record of success within your career
- Highly developed negotiation and analytical skills, teamed with an acute commercial awareness to help understand market conditions
- Have has current or past experience within Grocery, Fresh, Produce or non-food fast moving categories
- Have delivered outstanding results as part of a team
- Holder of a Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principals
- Excellent communication at all levels
In return you will work for a retailer with a great national presence with over £1 billion in sales & the benefits including pension and bonus potential. If you feel this role is of interest please send your cv quoting the reference Q99821.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99821 | Published: 9 months ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Category Controller - Food
£50,000 - £50,000 | Wembley, Middlesex
Ref: Q101226 | Published: 09th Jan 2017
A leading retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Category Controller to oversee one of the...
- Category Manager
£35,000 - £40,000 | South West England,
Ref: Q102069 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
You will be responsible for the delivery of profitable sales across all channels for your specifi...
- Category Manager
£45,000 - £55,000 | Birmingham, West Midlands
Ref: Q101785 | Published: 20th Dec 2016
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Food Buying Manager, to join one of the UK's most rec...
- Food Buyer
£35,000 - £40,000 | West London, London
Ref: Q101928 | Published: 05th Jan 2017
Food Buyer- West London We are looking for an experienced Food or Ingredients Buyer to lead the b...
- Category Trader - Online
£40,000 - £55,000 | Leeds, West Yorkshire
Ref: Q101962 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
I am currently recruiting for an ambitious Category Trader to join a growing Online trading team....