Category Manager - Equipment
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Manager - Equipment|
|Salary||£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||10 months ago|
This UK & international retailer is currently looking for a Sourcing /Category Manager within their Hair, Beauty & Store Equipment category. This multichannel retailer & supplier is internationally recognised and has over 100 stores in the UK and growing; this business is looking for a committed individual to drive their multi-channel offer.
As a Category Manager you'll be responsible for sourcing and growing the category through existing and new suppliers. The role will include a large amount of overseas sourcing for Europe & the Far-East. It will require a commercial individual to develop, implement and review all commercial plans in line with overall business strategy.
Your responsibilities are-
- Developing sourcing strategy for the category
- Driving sales & profitability - Accountability for category sales and profit targets.
- Conduct category range reviews ensuring adherence to critical path
- Increasing overall company sales and profit targets.
- Work with Marketing and suppliers to develop and deliver a full promotional programme
- Marketing/promotional strategy for both Professional and Retail customer types.
- Manage Damaged returns and negotiate any excess costs over and above the allowance level.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure optimum stock levels are achieved.
- Manage discontinued stock through the business effectively negotiating funding to support as appropriate.
- The role covers management of all aspects of the category's commercial activity-sales reporting, range reviews, promotional plans, retail and trade selling process, cost prices, supplier management, own brand development plans and product file maintenance in order to achieve set plans.
- Managing competitive pricing strategy in line with current market conditions.
- Range changes as required in line with the agreed calendar.
- Management of suppliers - negotiation on costs, retendering, exit strategies etc.
Working closely with the field team to achieve target sales for equipment
- Leading development and launch of equipment catalogue
- Present range reviews in line with the critical path and successfully launch in store.
To be successful in this position -
You must be a Sourcing Manager, Buyer (own-brand) or Category Manager within a retail or supplier background.
FE and/or European sourcing experience is essential -
- Be able to accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
- Managing day to day negotiations with suppliers regarding costs/prices/income/terms of business/promotions
- Can maintain a positive and effective working relationships
- Work closely with Proposition & Merchandising teams regarding Category Management and Own-Brand Equipment Development
- Develop supplier & range reviews including negotiations
The is a great opportunity for someone from looking for a new challenge. Benefits include private healthcare, pension and other benefits. If you feel you have the relevant experience & can add value at this level then please send your cv quoting the reference Q99763.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99763 | Published: 10 months ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Junior Buyer
£30,000 - £35,000 | London, London
Ref: Q100713 | Published: 17th Oct 2016
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Junior Buyer to manage a varied range of prod...
- Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded)
£50,000 - £60,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q101473 | Published: 26th Sep 2016
Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded) A leading high street retailer based in London, South of the ri...
- Buyer- Fixed Term Contract
£30,000 - £35,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q101049 | Published: 23th Sep 2016
Buyer- Accessories- Own Brand- 12 Month FTC This leading high-street retailer renowned for their ...
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | United Arab Emirates,
Ref: Q80190 | Published: 04th Oct 2016
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable head of Merchandisi...
- Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty
£30,000 - £45,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q100514 | Published: 12th Oct 2016
Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty This leading high-street retailer renowned for their everyday house...