Category Manager - Electrical & SDA
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Manager - Electrical & SDA|
|Salary||£40000 - £47000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||about 1 year ago|
This UK & international retailer is currently looking for a Category Manager within their Electrical, Home & Beauty category. This multichannel retailer & supplier is internationally recognised and has over 100 stores in the UK and growing; this business is looking for a committed individual to drive their multi-channel offer.
As a Buyer you'll be responsible for growing and leading a product category through existing and new suppliers.
The main purpose is to develop, implement and review all commercial plans in line with overall business strategy in order to achieve budgeted sales, profit and supplier income. You will be involved in managing all aspects of the category's commercial activity-sales reporting, range reviews, promotional & price plans & the management of product files.
Your responsibilities are-
- Developing sourcing strategy for the category
- Driving sales & profitability
- Conduct category range reviews ensuring adherence to critical path
- Increasing overall company sales and profit targets.
- Work with Marketing and suppliers to develop and deliver a full promotional programme
- Marketing/promotional strategy for both Professional and Retail customer types.
- Work with space team to ensure space allocation and planograms are executed as per range review or range update
- Manage Damaged returns and negotiate any excess costs over and above the allowance level.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure optimum stock levels are achieved. Provide spend requirements and assist in the maintenance of service level when required.
- Manage discontinued stock through the business effectively negotiating funding to support as appropriate.
- The need to be commercially aware with an analytical flair.
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
- Work closely with Proposition & Merchandising teams regarding Category Management
- Develop supplier & range reviews
- Supplier negotiation and striving to improve up mutually effective relationships
To be successful you will-
- Have Buyer/Sourcing experience at a Buyer Category Management within a similar product range.
- International sourcing experience - desirable
- Experience with Internal stakeholder management
- strong analytical skills where you will be involved in volume SKU level range planning.
- Candidates will be adept at using excel and or database systems.
- CIPS- desirable but no essential!
- Retail or Supplier background with the relevant product other categories will be considered
- High influence individual & can consult & make key decisions in an ever-changing market
The role is initialled a 9 month contract with the potential of going permanent. Benefit include private healthcare, pension and other benefits. If you feel you have the relevant experience & can add value at this level then please send your cv quoting the reference Q99610.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99610 | Published: about 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Category Manager
£35,000 - £40,000 | South West England,
Ref: Q102069 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
You will be responsible for the delivery of profitable sales across all channels for your specifi...
- Category Manager
£45,000 - £55,000 | Birmingham, West Midlands
Ref: Q101785 | Published: 20th Dec 2016
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Food Buying Manager, to join one of the UK's most rec...
- Category Trader - Online
£40,000 - £55,000 | Leeds, West Yorkshire
Ref: Q101962 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
I am currently recruiting for an ambitious Category Trader to join a growing Online trading team....
- Category Controller - Food
£50,000 - £50,000 | Wembley, Middlesex
Ref: Q101226 | Published: 09th Jan 2017
A leading retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Category Controller to oversee one of the...
- Merchandiser - FTC
£33,000 - £35,000 | Lancashire
Ref: Q102110 | Published: 17th Jan 2017
This established British fashion retailer is looking for a Merchandiser to join their Merchandisi...