Category Manager - Electrical & SDA
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Manager - Electrical & SDA|
|Salary||£40000 - £47000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||over 1 year ago|
This UK & international retailer is currently looking for a Category Manager within their Electrical, Home & Beauty category. This multichannel retailer & supplier is internationally recognised and has over 100 stores in the UK and growing; this business is looking for a committed individual to drive their multi-channel offer.
As a Buyer you'll be responsible for growing and leading a product category through existing and new suppliers.
The main purpose is to develop, implement and review all commercial plans in line with overall business strategy in order to achieve budgeted sales, profit and supplier income. You will be involved in managing all aspects of the category's commercial activity-sales reporting, range reviews, promotional & price plans & the management of product files.
Your responsibilities are-
- Developing sourcing strategy for the category
- Driving sales & profitability
- Conduct category range reviews ensuring adherence to critical path
- Increasing overall company sales and profit targets.
- Work with Marketing and suppliers to develop and deliver a full promotional programme
- Marketing/promotional strategy for both Professional and Retail customer types.
- Work with space team to ensure space allocation and planograms are executed as per range review or range update
- Manage Damaged returns and negotiate any excess costs over and above the allowance level.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure optimum stock levels are achieved. Provide spend requirements and assist in the maintenance of service level when required.
- Manage discontinued stock through the business effectively negotiating funding to support as appropriate.
- The need to be commercially aware with an analytical flair.
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
- Work closely with Proposition & Merchandising teams regarding Category Management
- Develop supplier & range reviews
- Supplier negotiation and striving to improve up mutually effective relationships
To be successful you will-
- Have Buyer/Sourcing experience at a Buyer Category Management within a similar product range.
- International sourcing experience - desirable
- Experience with Internal stakeholder management
- strong analytical skills where you will be involved in volume SKU level range planning.
- Candidates will be adept at using excel and or database systems.
- CIPS- desirable but no essential!
- Retail or Supplier background with the relevant product other categories will be considered
- High influence individual & can consult & make key decisions in an ever-changing market
The role is initialled a 9 month contract with the potential of going permanent. Benefit include private healthcare, pension and other benefits. If you feel you have the relevant experience & can add value at this level then please send your cv quoting the reference Q99610.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99610 | Published: over 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Head Category Manager - Fresh
£75,000 - £100,000 | Hertfordshire
Ref: Q101272_1494175514 | Published: 07th May 2017
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Category Manager, to join one of the UK's FTSE l...
- Assistant Buyer - Toys & Impulse Buys
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102691_1494163625 | Published: 07th May 2017
This Market leading brand and department store in Central London is looking for an Assistant Buye...
- Senior Merchandiser - Retail Fashion
£55,000 - £65,000 | London
Ref: Q102806_1493369707 | Published: 28th Apr 2017
This globally successful luxury brand is looking for a new Senior Merchandiser to join the busine...
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q80190_1493389073 | Published: 28th Apr 2017
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable Head of Merchandisi...
- Junior Merchandiser
£27,000 - £35,000 | London, England
Ref: Q103184_1495821470 | Published: 26th May 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic Junior Merchandiser to join a premium fashion...