Category Manager- Timber
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Manager- Timber|
|Salary||£50000 - £55000 per annum + Car/Car allowance, bonus, benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||about 1 year ago|
Category Manager- East Midlands- Timber
My client, a hugely successful multi-brand retail and wholesaler, is looking for an accomplished Buyer, Product Manager or Category Manager covering their Timber category.
The overall purpose of the role is to:
- Manage suppliers to deliver reduced COGs, improve margin opportunity and maintain competitive advantage
- Manage and develop the supplier relationships to optimise supply and exploit efficient routes to market
- Work closely with the commercial teams to develop product ranges in line with customer needs and to improve market penetration opportunities
- Identify and realise continual process improvement
- Conduct regular overseas sourcing trips to ensure best value for money
I am looking for a strong negotiator, highly literate and with previous product development experience in a similar role.
In addition to the above, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Source and negotiate the supply of quality products to meet the identified business needs
- Manage the supply base and improve supplier performance levels e.g. OTIF and lead times
- Ensure suppliers fully understand and meet service requirements
- Manage KPI's to monitor financial and other product performance targets and initiate action plans to ensure these targets are met
- Monitor competitor activity to assess and evaluate position in the market place to realise and identify opportunities
- Ensure all negotiations and communications are transacted in accordance with the requirements of the Competition Act
The salary bracket for the above position is £50-£55k and comes with a car, pension, healthcare and all the usual trimmings, including a competitive bonus.
If you have experience in all of the above and are looking for an exciting new challenge, please apply today using an up-to-date CV or feel free to call Richard Ashcroft on 0208 222 0555 for a confidential discussion.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q99627 | Published: about 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Head Category Manager - Fresh
£75,000 - £100,000 | Hertfordshire
Ref: Q101272_1494175514 | Published: 07th May 2017
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Category Manager, to join one of the UK's FTSE l...
- Senior Category Manager - Fresh
£48,000 - £50,000 | West Midlands
Ref: Q103020_1493198844 | Published: 26th Apr 2017
This high street retailer is looking to recruit a Senior Category Manager within their Chilled Fr...
- Senior Category Manager - Drinks
£48,000 - £50,000 | West Midlands
Ref: Q103019_1493198489 | Published: 26th Apr 2017
This high street retailer is looking to recruit a Senior Category Manager within their drinks cat...
- Assistant Buyer - Toys & Impulse Buys
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102691_1494163625 | Published: 07th May 2017
This Market leading brand and department store in Central London is looking for an Assistant Buye...
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q80190_1493389073 | Published: 28th Apr 2017
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable Head of Merchandisi...