Category Controller - Grocery
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Controller - Grocery|
|Salary||£45000 - £50000 per annum + 11k Car Allowance + 20% Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||3 months ago|
A leading retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Category Controller to oversee one of their growing product divisions within their Food categories.
As a Senior Buyer you will be responsible for owning and influencing the trading plan to reduce costs, optimise terms with partners and to maximise turnover and profitability.
Here you will develop and implement a category based trading plan that leverages scale and efficiency that delivers and exceeds income budgets whilst supporting all parts of the succession plan.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable and progressive financial support.
In this position you responsibilities include:
- To develop, implement, and review a trading plan
- Reduce costs where possible with suppliers
- Analysing all profit streams, cost price and overall performance
- Managing and leading the category from a small team
- To deliver appropriate stock levels via DC and minimising wasted stock
- Being proactive and reactive to market condition
- Build effective relationship with the suppliers and other key stakeholders to deliver the trading area's sales and income plan
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
- Have gained a commercial understanding of the brand and commercial requirements, including stock levels and availability.
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buying/Trading or Category Management at a Senior, Manager or Head of Level within Food Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment.
- Proven experience of developing and delivering a trading strategy for a category.
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Proven experience of influencing individuals and groups that you are not directly managing.
- This will need someone with high influence and ability to challenge the status quo
- Working towards large & complex P & L budgets and making both reactive and proactive decisions from this.
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which includes Bonus, Private healthcare, Generous car or car allowance & Contributory Pension. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q101226.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q101226 | Published: 3 months ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Category Manager - West Midlands
£0 | West Midlands, West Midlands
Ref: Q101785 | Published: 11th Nov 2016
Category Manager - West Midlands This role is for a market leading Food, Non Food & Service retai...
- Buyer- Upholstery
£60,000 - £80,000 | South East England,
Ref: Q101224 | Published: 22th Nov 2016
Buyer- Upholstery- Up to £80k A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of UK's most well-known...
- Textiles Buyer
£0 | Jeddah,
Ref: Q101814 | Published: 20th Nov 2016
A leading retail business is currently recruiting for a passionate and talented Buyer specialized...
- Accessories Buyer
£30,000 - £50,000 | Dubai, Dubai
Ref: Q101790 | Published: 13th Nov 2016
A leading fashion retailer offers an exclusive range of quality products & is looking to hire an ...
- Buyer- Accessories (Homewares)
£40,000 - £60,000 | South East England,
Ref: Q101223 | Published: 03th Nov 2016
Buyer- Accessories (Homewares)- Up to £60k A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of UK's mo...