Category Controller - Food
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Controller - Food|
|Job Advertised||13 days ago|
A leading retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Category Controller to oversee one of their growing product divisions within their Food categories.
As a Category you will be responsible for owning and influencing the trading plan to reduce costs, optimise terms with partners and to maximise turnover and profitability.
Here you will develop and implement a category based trading plan that leverages scale and efficiency that delivers and exceeds income budgets whilst supporting all parts of the succession plan.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable and progressive financial support.
In this position your responsibilities include:
- To develop, implement, and review a trading plan
- Reduce costs where possible with suppliers
- Analysing all profit streams, cost price and overall performance
- Managing and leading the category from a small team
- To deliver appropriate stock levels via DC and minimising wasted stock
- Being proactive and reactive to market condition
- Build effective relationship with the suppliers and other key stakeholders to deliver the trading area's sales and income plan
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
- Have gained a commercial understanding of the brand and commercial requirements, including stock levels and availability.
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buying/Trading or Category Management at a Senior, Manager or Head of Level within Food Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment.
- Proven experience of developing and delivering a trading strategy for a category.
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Proven experience of influencing individuals and groups that you are not directly managing.
- This will need someone with high influence and ability to challenge the status quo
- Working towards large & complex P & L budgets and making both reactive and proactive decisions from this.
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which includes Bonus, Private healthcare, Generous car or car allowance & Contributory Pension. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like the right one for you please send your cv quoting the reference Q101226.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q101226 | Published: 13 days ago
- Food Buyer
£35,000 - £40,000 | West London, London
Ref: Q101928 | Published: 05th Jan 2017
Food Buyer- West London We are looking for an experienced Food or Ingredients Buyer to lead the b...
- Category Manager
£35,000 - £40,000 | South West England,
Ref: Q102069 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
You will be responsible for the delivery of profitable sales across all channels for your specifi...
- Category Trader - Online
£40,000 - £55,000 | Leeds, West Yorkshire
Ref: Q101962 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
I am currently recruiting for an ambitious Category Trader to join a growing Online trading team....
- Buyer - Grocery
£31,500 - £31,500 | North London, London
Ref: Q101493 | Published: 09th Jan 2017
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buyer, to join one of the UK's leading Food Retailers...