Category Assistant / Assistant Buyer - Fresh Food
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Assistant / Assistant Buyer - Fresh Food|
|Salary||£25000 - £28500 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
A leading international and award winning retailer is currently looking for an Assistant Buyer level to join their Fresh Foods Team oversee one of the growing divisions in their Produce category.
As a Buyer/ Category Assistant you will be responsible for provide a comprehensive and professional support service to the Buying Manager.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable and progressive financial support.
In this position you responsibilities include:
- Optimise terms with suppliers that are beneficial for both parties
- Have full knowledge of the Produce Manager's products and suppliers
- Assist with increasing profits generated
- Manage the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming
- General administration, & excel tasks
- Ensure all procedures and files are accurate and up to date at including Point of Sale Information.
- Competitor price comparisons
- Manage all due diligence, category management advertising and related issues via internal team.
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buying/Trading, Assistant or Category Management or Administration level within Food Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment
- Track record of managing suppliers
- Graduate calibre who has shown an upward curve of career development
- Working towards budgets & timescales
- Working closely with Planning, Distribution & Marketing teams
- Excellent communication at all levels
This business focused on quality, team work with a positive can-do environment. The state of the art head office & the open-plan environment means that you will be interacting up to the Buying Director level on a regular basis- your ideas will be heard! Also In return you will work for a retailer with a great international, blue-chip business with a package to suit which include Bonus & Private healthcare. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q97546.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q97546 | Published: almost 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Buyer (Gifts)
£40,000 - £50,000 | London
Ref: Q102405 | Published: 01th Feb 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an established Buyer to join this luxury gift retailer in ...
- Beauty Buyer - London
£25,000 - £55,000 | City of London, London
Ref: Q101844 | Published: 13th Feb 2017
We are currently looking for a Buyer to join this well-established Beauty Retailer based in Londo...
- Category Merchandising Manager - Cardiff
£30,000 - £40,000 | Cardiff
Ref: Q102565 | Published: 10th Feb 2017
Category Merchandising Manager - Cardiff This role is for a market leading Food, Non Food & Servi...
- Ecommerce Merchandiser
£22,000 - £25,000 | London
Ref: Q102579 | Published: 13th Feb 2017
A fast-paced high-street fashion retailer is looking for an Ecommerce Merchandiser to join their ...
- Allocator - Luxury Fashion
£18,000 - £26,000 | London
Ref: Q102542 | Published: 07th Feb 2017
This global luxury international brand is looking for a commercially aware Allocator who is stron...