Category Analyst - FMCG
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Analyst - FMCG|
|Salary||£24000 - £29000 per annum + benefits + progression + development|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||about 2 years ago|
The Category Analyst will be an integral part of the Category Management team, becoming a category expert as well as an expert on the customer (major multiple).
The successful candidate will collaborate internally with opportunity to present category insights to the broader organisation and customer.
Category Insights Expert Responsibilities:
- Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly category insights (e.g. brand & retailer performance, latest consumer trends, competitor performance and strategies) to support the team across our categories
- Deliver ad hoc analyses as required to support the category teams to prepare business proposals or to deep-dive on business issues and opportunities
- Become the team expert in all the available market data systems (EPOS, household panel, Asda Retail link, promotional effectiveness etc) and weekly / monthly reporting
- Develop analysis of plans: understand Range review performance, New Product performance, Promotion effectiveness & shares and effectiveness of our commercial strategy
- Ad hoc analysis of key business questions and clear summary of insights and recommendation to the relevant stakeholders
- Tracking of in-store activity on P&G and competitor activity including shelf pricing/promotion/display & reporting of significant changes
- Support the broader team in preparation for key meetings such as external customer meetings and category business reviews.
2-4 years previous experience analysing and interpreting data from a variety of sources would be beneficial.
Previous knowledge of data sources used in the FMCG industry
- Blue chip experience is advantageous
- Bachelor's degree, higher education is advantageous
- The successful candidate will be able to deliver multiple priorities, multiple category responsibility and autonomously deliver projects on time
- The candidate will need to work closely with both external and internal stakeholders from different functions and at various levels in the organisation, quickly building credibility and good working relationships.
- The candidate will quickly need to become a business and category expert on the business and use this knowledge to support the categories in making key business decisions
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q96476 | Published: about 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Fine Wine Category Manager
£40,000 - £50,000 | Dubai
Ref: 101973 | Published: 11th Jan 2017
Development and implementation of thorough and detailed marketing initiatives aimed at developing...
- Marketing Analyst
£24,000 - £25,000 | Lancashire
Ref: Q102128 | Published: 17th Jan 2017
This established British fashion and lifestyle retailer is looking for a Marketing Analyst to joi...
- Supply Chain Team Lead *
£50,000 - £55,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q101999 | Published: 05th Jan 2017
A rapidly expanding FMCG business is on the lookout for a passionate candidate to be largely invo...
- Purchasing Manager - Food Service
£40,000 - £55,000 | Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Ref: Q101960 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
I am looking for an experienced purchasing/procurement manager with food service experience to jo...
- Sales Manager
£20,000 - £50,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q102044 | Published: 12th Jan 2017
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a leading FMCG distribution company. They are seeking a...