Buyer - Homewares
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Buyer - Homewares|
|Salary||£45000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||over 1 year ago|
My client is looking for a Buyer to join one of the UK's FTSE retailer.
With over 400 stores this multi-product retailer has international presence with growing product categories within trend-led retailing. The duties and responsibilities centre reporting to and supporting the Head of Buying it delivering the buying and ranging strategy through carrying out the sourcing plan within this category as well as looking at projection of volumes to be market leader and forth-front on own-label homewares design. You'll play a key role throughout the whole buying and product development process, working closely with other teams to create commercially successful ranges and maximise sales. An influential character you'll manage your team, effectively delegating resources and workload while ensuring the team remains motivated and focused.
Key responsibilities will also include to lead and inspire a team to :
- Planning, sourcing and developing a commercial successful range.
- Negotiating cost prices and delivery dates.
- Manage and develop key strategic relationships with suppliers
- Maintain excellent knowledge of market and industry developments and assess possible implications for the business
- NPD and category and range development - you will work close with Design, Technologist and sourcing teams.
- Improve gross margin and category sales
- Review current sourcing methods and suppliers to ensure value for money and ethical sourcing
- To provide the business with real time data on competition,
- Negotiate product cost and rebates
- Implement appropriate sourcing solutions to meet category needs
- Find new sources and negotiate terms with suppliers
- Maintaining the range development critical path in support of our iterative buying cycle
- Ensuring that all samples meets the brands high standards.
- Completing regular competitor shops and market research
- Actively managing and training junior members of the department.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a Buyer or Senior Buyer role within a retailer or supplier-categories that would be ideal include Furniture, Home, Home Furnishing or Hardlines.
- International sourcing experience including Far East and/or Europe.
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills
- Creative flair with a large amount of NPD experience.
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships, with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Financially astute with a deep understanding of margin and pricing
- Able to think strategically and translate this into operational actions that deliver sales growth and margin improvement
- A natural team player with the ability to manage cross departmental relationships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading retailer going from strength to strength! This role is currently a contract position for 9 months however may have the opportunity to go permanent.
If you do fit the criteria & you are looking for a new challenge; please apply now quoting the reference Q97630.We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q97630 | Published: over 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
£30,000 - £40,000 | Dubai, Dubai
Ref: Q101745 | Published: 07th Nov 2016
I am currently looking for a Buyer to join a retail company based in Dubai. The buyer is going to...
- Textiles Buyer
£0 | Jeddah,
Ref: Q101814 | Published: 20th Nov 2016
A leading retail business is currently recruiting for a passionate and talented Buyer specialized...
- Accessories Buyer
£30,000 - £50,000 | Dubai, Dubai
Ref: Q101790 | Published: 13th Nov 2016
A leading fashion retailer offers an exclusive range of quality products & is looking to hire an ...
- Buyer - Beauty
£45,000 - £55,000 | City of London, London
Ref: Q101844 | Published: 23th Nov 2016
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buyer, to join one of the UK's leading online retaile...
- Womenswear Buyer/Senior Buyer (Maternity Cover)
£35,000 - £45,000 | London, London
Ref: Q101799 | Published: 16th Nov 2016
As a result of their continued success and expansion, this fast fashion retailer has a highly exc...