Buyer - Gifting & Toys
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Buyer - Gifting & Toys|
|Salary||£35000 - £52000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||about 1 year ago|
IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE! New Buyer Opportunity for a reputable UK retailer on the high-street.
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Category Manager/Buyer to assist in managing a varied range of products. In this category you will be involved in both branded and own branded products & involvement in product development & FE Sourcing to support the range and category.
The role has come about due to restructuring within the department which is needed support in certain categories to deliver on the critical path.
The responsibilities of this exciting role include:
- To deliver a cohesive, credible and balanced range of branded and own brand products that support the overall business strategic vision.
- Negotiation with suppliers and looking at commercial terms of business
- Being accountable for the category performance - sales, wastage, profit
- Select, plan & put forward appropriate offers for promotional store space
- Analysing competitor activity
- Stock monitoring & working closely with the Merchandise Planning Manager
- You must also be a team-player, as you will be working alongside other professionals in order to develop the product line.
- Key part is to work alongside the Franchise partners on range structure, supplier contacts & margin/ROI expectations.
- Propose price changes for all channels
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Have extensive branded and own-brand product buying experience.
- Product development involvement within own brand - these include, gifting, home, toys, electrical, multi-products
- Category Management or Buying experience where you have full & complete ownership of the range and category.
- Have been involved with, range reviews, promotional plans & pricing plans over a large number of SKU'S and lines.
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills
- Immediately available and can hit the ground running
- Buying experience (preferably working within a High Street, Fashion or Department Store experience.
- Excellent communication at all levels
This role will provide you the opportunity to work within an extremely innovative and fast growing company. The role has come about due to restructuring within the department which is needed support in certain categories to deliver on the critical path.
Though is an initial contract position it does have the opportunity to be extended or go permanent. If you believe that you have the relevant experience and are enthusiastic about this role, please apply now quoting the reference Q100059.We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q100059 | Published: about 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Buyer (Gifts)
£40,000 - £50,000 | London
Ref: Q102405 | Published: 01th Feb 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an established Buyer to join this luxury gift retailer in ...
- Beauty Buyer - London
£25,000 - £55,000 | City of London, London
Ref: Q101844 | Published: 13th Feb 2017
We are currently looking for a Buyer to join this well-established Beauty Retailer based in Londo...
- Ecommerce Merchandiser
£22,000 - £25,000 | London
Ref: Q102579 | Published: 13th Feb 2017
A fast-paced high-street fashion retailer is looking for an Ecommerce Merchandiser to join their ...