Category Manager - Food
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Category Manager - Food|
|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||2 months ago|
This business is an international company who are experts in maximising client retail revenue streams for Travel, Aviation and Airline businesses.
My client allows for businesses to outsource part or all of their on-board retail operations and logistics processes to become a one-stop shop!
As a Category Manager /Buyer your role is to develop a range of products and services for the travelling retail customer. This Role encompasses product innovation & development as well as all aspects of category management from negotiating the supply of product, forecasting and assist other teams to support on the start to finish of the lifecycle of that product .
- Drive sales and profit through the strategic planning of the category alongside active competitor analysis.
- To develop an industry leading range of products and services in line with the specific key client brand values.
- Supplier negotiation with existing and new clients.
- Fully accountable of the end to end P& L process of the product specifications, marketing, stock forecasting, rebates, returns policy etc
- Accountable for SKU sales versus plan for this category.
- Maintain sales and profit targets according to budget within a short, medium and long-term business plan
- The implementation of promotions and training of new products or service launches
- Working alongside Merchandising, Marketing & Insights to clarify the marketing and pricing strategies to meet sales and margin objectives as well as monitoring the performance of category.
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within Retail Food, Food Service /Food to Go or Supplier background.
- Highly developed negotiation and analytical skills, teamed with an acute commercial awareness excellent
- Show examples of increasing margins and income targets whilst still maintaining great relationships with suppliers.
- Can demonstrate a career with a track record of success of enhanced category performance.
- Must hold a Full driving License
- Have lead and coached to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels
This is a great opportunity to work for an international businesss who works with some of the largest global travel players. You will receive great benefits including, bonus, pension and holidays and the oportunity to work and progess within a growing client facing business. If you believe you have the revelant experience for this role please send your cv quoting the reference Q101056.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q101056 | Published: 2 months ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded)
£50,000 - £60,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q101473 | Published: 26th Sep 2016
Senior Buyer- Hair Care (Branded) A leading high street retailer based in London, South of the ri...
- Buyer- Fixed Term Contract
£30,000 - £35,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q101049 | Published: 23th Sep 2016
Buyer- Accessories- Own Brand- 12 Month FTC This leading high-street retailer renowned for their ...
- Junior Buyer
£30,000 - £35,000 | London, London
Ref: Q100713 | Published: 17th Oct 2016
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Junior Buyer to manage a varied range of prod...
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | United Arab Emirates,
Ref: Q80190 | Published: 04th Oct 2016
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable head of Merchandisi...
- Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty
£30,000 - £45,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q100514 | Published: 12th Oct 2016
Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty This leading high-street retailer renowned for their everyday house...