Buyer - DIY & Outdoors
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Buyer - DIY & Outdoors|
|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum + Car+ Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||about 1 year ago|
My client is looking for a Buyer to join one of the UK's FTSE retailer within their DIY & Outdoor ranges. This mixed-goods retailer has shown single digit positive growth from last quarter with a new strategy in place & on-going development plans.
The duties and responsibilities centre reporting to and supporting the Head of Buying, you will manage, maintain and further develop the division in-line with company business plans and initiatives. Here you will deliver the buying and ranging strategy through carrying out the sourcing plan within this category, looking at projection of volumes and cost effectiveness.
Key responsibilities will also include to lead and inspire a team to :
- Develop and agree the strategic direction for all categories
- Planning, sourcing and developing a commercial successful range.
- Negotiating cost prices and delivery dates.
- Manage and develop key strategic relationships with suppliers
- Maintain excellent knowledge of market and industry developments and assess possible implications for the business
- Ensure good exit plan for discontinued stock
- Improve gross margin and category sales
- Reduce stock capacity
- Review current sourcing methods and suppliers to ensure value for money and ethical sourcing
- To provide the business with real time data on competition,
- Negotiate product cost and rebates
- Implement appropriate sourcing solutions to meet category needs
- Find new sources and negotiate terms with suppliers
- Maintaining the range development critical path in support of our iterative buying cycle
- Ensuring that all samples meets the brands high standards.
- Completing regular competitor shops and market research
- Making suggestions for new products and developments
- Actively managing and training junior members of the department.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a Buyer or Junior Buyer role within a retailer -categories that would be ideal include Furniture, Electrical, hardlines ideally - however other categories will definitely be considered and will not be discounted!
- International sourcing experience including Far East and Europe including understanding of country and global supply chain processes
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships, with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Financially astute with a deep understanding of margin and pricing
- Able to think strategically and translate this into operational actions that deliver sales growth and margin improvement
- A natural team player & manager with the ability to manage cross departmental relationships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading retailer going from strength to strength! If you do fit the criteria & you are looking for a new challenge; please apply now quoting the reference Q98522.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q98522 | Published: about 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Junior Buyer
£30,000 - £35,000 | London, London
Ref: Q100713 | Published: 17th Oct 2016
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Junior Buyer to manage a varied range of prod...
- Senior Buyer (Womenswear)
£50,000 - £60,000 | South West England,
Ref: Q101662 | Published: 24th Oct 2016
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Womenswear Buyer, working for a growing, ic...
- Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty
£30,000 - £45,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q100514 | Published: 12th Oct 2016
Retail Buyer- Health & Beauty This leading high-street retailer renowned for their everyday house...