Buyer - Branded Homewares
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Buyer - Branded Homewares|
|Salary||£40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||over 1 year ago|
My client is looking for a Branded Buyer to join one of the UK's leading highstreet retailers'.
This multi-product retailer has international presence with growing product categories within trend-led retailing. This is a newly created role due to the expansion on the department and will be best suited to a Buyer or Senior Buyer level. The duties and responsibilities centre around supporting the Head of Buying in branded buying and ranging strategy business plan.
You'll play a key role throughout the buying process and be heavily involved the homeware textiles category.
Key responsibilities -
An influential character they may have line manager responsibilities & be able to effectively delegating resources and workload while ensuring the team remains motivated and focused!
- Controlling set budgets, prioritising workflow and conducting regular team reviews to ensure deadlines and targets are met.
- Planning, sourcing and developing a commercial successful range.
- Negotiating cost prices and delivery dates.
- Manage and develop key strategic relationships with suppliers
- Maintain excellent knowledge of market and industry developments and assess possible implications for the business
- Improve gross margin and category sales
- Review current sourcing methods and suppliers to ensure value for money and ethical sourcing
- To provide the business with real time data on competition,
- Negotiate product cost and rebates
- Implement appropriate sourcing solutions to meet category needs
- Establish new branded suppliers and contacts
- Completing regular competitor shops and market research
- Actively managing and training junior members of the department.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience as a Buyer, Buying Manager OR Senior Buyer role within a retailer.
- You must come from a Home & Home Furnishing background to be considered.
- Have dealt with multi-brands & multi-products - This will be a multi-channel opportunity so print, online and stores.
- Have knowledge of trends of relevant competitor's in the UK high-street.
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills managing large budgets
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships, with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to think strategically and translate this into operational actions that deliver sales growth and margin improvement
- A natural team player with the ability to manage cross departmental relationships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading retailer which is a senior leadership role with great benefits including bonus, car allowance, pension and other subsidised benefits. If you do fit the criteria & you are looking for a new challenge; please apply now quoting the reference Q98700A.
.We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q98700A | Published: over 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Textiles Buyer
£0 | Jeddah,
Ref: Q101814 | Published: 20th Nov 2016
A leading retail business is currently recruiting for a passionate and talented Buyer specialized...
- Accessories Buyer
£30,000 - £50,000 | Dubai, Dubai
Ref: Q101790 | Published: 13th Nov 2016
A leading fashion retailer offers an exclusive range of quality products & is looking to hire an ...
- Buyer - Beauty
£45,000 - £55,000 | City of London, London
Ref: Q101844 | Published: 23th Nov 2016
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buyer, to join one of the UK's leading online retaile...
- Senior Buyer - Beauty Accessories
£50,000 - £60,000 | South London, London
Ref: Q101049 | Published: 05th Dec 2016
This leading high-street retailer renowned for their everyday household offering is looking for a...
- Womenswear Buyer/Senior Buyer (Maternity Cover)
£35,000 - £45,000 | London, London
Ref: Q101799 | Published: 16th Nov 2016
As a result of their continued success and expansion, this fast fashion retailer has a highly exc...