Buyer - Biscuits & Sauces
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Buyer - Biscuits & Sauces|
|Salary||£32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||about 1 year ago|
A PLC, international food company manufacturers is currently looking for a Buyer initially for a 12month contract position. This business has operations in UK, Europe & US markets. With over 1,000 employees this business main focus is on Natural, Vegetarian and Organic Foods.
You will be part of a growing, dynamic NPD team in large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable and progressive financial support.
- Select supplier(s) for tender in conjunction with European Buyer
- To develop, implement, and review a trading plan
- Reduce costs where possible with suppliers
- Understanding and challenging marketing briefs
- To actively support Brand innovation plans through working on multiple projects and maintaining strong relationships between external suppliers and internal marketing departments
- Lead NPD Negotiations , cost breakdown, raw material package, lead time and payment terms
- Translate multiple sources of information (eg market data / sales performance etc) into tangible customer and commercial benefits.
- Optimise terms with suppliers that are beneficial for both parties
- Increase profit generated - Sales, Margin & Income
- Dealing with reducing costs of goods sold within raw materials and raw material prices.
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
- Working closely with range and brand team regarding availability levels of products
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buyer or Junior Buyer with retail or supplier experience (ideally in Food)
- Track record of negotiations with suppliers
- NPD experience is essential
- Ideally a Graduate calibre
- CIPS courses (desirable)
- Can manage several projects simultaneously
- Understand the innovation cycle for New Product Development and work towards a critical path.
- Will handle projects from inception and ideas phase through to launch
- Able to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Working towards exclusivity & confidentiality briefs.
- Exceptional eye for detail and accuracy - Excellent communication at all levels.
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which include Bonus, Pension and Flexi-Working where you take control of your own desk! If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q100570.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q100570 | Published: about 1 year ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Buyer (Handbag) - Dubai
£20,000 - £25,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q101790_1491827719 | Published: 10th Apr 2017
Job Description: Our client, a leading fashion retailer that offers exclusive range of quality pr...
- Experienced Assistant Buyer - Menswear Luxury
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102995_1491300685 | Published: 04th Apr 2017
This global luxury international brand is looking for a commercially aware Experienced Assistant ...
- Senior Category Manager - Drinks
£48,000 - £50,000 | West Midlands
Ref: Q103019_1493198489 | Published: 26th Apr 2017
This high street retailer is looking to recruit a Senior Category Manager within their drinks cat...