Business Intelligence Analyst
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Business Intelligence Analyst|
|Salary||£35000 - £36000 per annum + standard benefits|
|Job Advertised||13 days ago|
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst provides companywide strategic, analytical, and technical support for business intelligence activities. The BI Analyst is responsible for building, implementing and supporting Microsoft SQL BI and Tableau reporting solutions.
Main Internal Relationships:
A close working relationship with senior management, business users, and the IT team.
Main External Relationships:
Maintain good relationships with application suppliers and system integrators to ensure successful integration between application data and BI tools.
Key Position Accountabilities
- Work with stakeholders and functional areas to analyse business requirements and provide solutions to meet business needs
- Analyse/develop/modify/maintain/enhance BI applications, databases, cubes, tables, views, and ETLs to match business processes and requirements
- Architect and manage the design and structure of data sources
- Ensure compliance with technical best practices and version control
- Work closely with the BI Developer to plan development activities and respect timing estimations for completion
- Partner with business teams to define and document requirements for new data sources, metrics and reports
- Assist business functional leads with designing, developing, and maintaining reports using analytical tools
- Plan and implement the short, medium, and long term BI roadmap for business users
- Assist business functional leads with implementing and maintaining master data management
- Evaluate alternative solutions; Design processes and systems which include user impact considerations, cost/benefit analysis, and processing specifications
- Use current knowledge of business and technology to recommend systems and process improvements
- Perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of data sources and ETLs to improve BI solutions
- Understand the impact of problems reported by users and prioritise support activities appropriately
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and work with customers to uncover unmet business needs
- Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager
- Keep informed of technological advances and industry best practices in order to assess their possible adaptation for use in increasing the company's technological superiority
The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI analysis, development, and support (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support). The BI Analyst will have had in-depth experience with the Microsoft SQL 2012 or higher BI Stack (SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS) and experience with BI reporting tools, preferably Tableau. The BI Analyst will be a key resource to ensure stability, scalability, and delivery of valuable BI solutions to business stakeholders. Keys to this position are the ability to excel in identification of problems from a business perspective and implement pragmatic BI solutions. The BI Analyst must be able to communicate equally with business owners and IT colleagues, and must be self-driven to execute the activities necessary to reach the project objectives with little supervision. An excellent blend of analytical, technical and communication skills in a team-based environment are essential for this role.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: 101794 | Published: 13 days ago
- Asstistant Operations Manager
£30,000 - £50,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q102349 | Published: 23th Jan 2017
A fast-growing and leading ecommerce retail in the UAE is looking for a creative and dynamic Assi...
- Digital Product Owner
£25,000 - £35,000 | Harlow, Essex
Ref: 102328 | Published: 21th Jan 2017
An exciting Digital Product Owner opportunity has arisen to join a market leading international p...
- Ecommerce Manager
£90,000 - £120,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q102281 | Published: 23th Jan 2017
Job Description: An exciting Ecommerce Manager opportunity is open to join a fast-growing technol...
- Category Exececutive
£0 | Dubai
Ref: Q102045 | Published: 10th Jan 2017
Job Description: Oversee third party service providers, set the pricing, contract and work with p...