Assistant Category Buyer
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Assistant Category Buyer|
|Salary||£25000 - £35000 per annum|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job Advertised||over 2 years ago|
A young and rapidly growing global business has an opening for an Assistant Category Buyer. This is a new role, created due to the continued success and expansion of the company.
In this position you will be responsible for assisting the lead category manager in ensuring efficient, cost effective and sustainable procurement to sustain a competitive advantage and maximise company profits.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in ensuring the timely negotiation of all agreements
- Ensure delivery of consistent and sustainable best value purchasing and supply
- Data Collection and analysis to prepare documents for tender
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and work in conjunction with suppliers to identify new products to be strategically sourced
- Keep up to date on industry trends and use market and data analysis to spot trends and make range recommendations
- Assist in developing an innovative range of products and services
To qualify for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in an assistant buying, merchandising or category management role
- Experience in the retail sector - experience in the food and beverage or health and beauty sectors would be advantageous but other sectors will also be considered
- Negotiation skills and an ability to maximise margins and hit income targets
- Ability to interpret retail data and make recommendations
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of business
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop long term relationships
If you have the experience required and would like to be part of a great team within a growing, successful, international business then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q96413 | Published: over 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Assistant Buyer - Toys & Impulse Buys
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q102691_1494163625 | Published: 07th May 2017
This Market leading brand and department store in Central London is looking for an Assistant Buye...
- Head Category Manager - Fresh
£75,000 - £100,000 | Hertfordshire
Ref: Q101272_1494175514 | Published: 07th May 2017
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Category Manager, to join one of the UK's FTSE l...
- Established Denims Buyer - Womenswear Fashion
£45,000 - £50,000 | London
Ref: Q101799_1494344958 | Published: 09th May 2017
As a result of their continued success and expansion, this fast fashion retailer has a highly exc...
- Assistant Merchandiser
£25,000 - £30,000 | London
Ref: Q103151_1495213305 | Published: 19th May 2017
This global luxury brand is looking for a commercially aware Assistant Planner who will support t...
- Merchandise Admin Assistant
£20,000 - £22,000 | London, England
Ref: Q103182_1495818135 | Published: 26th May 2017
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiatic candidate looking to begin their Merchandising car...