Assistant Category Buyer
Get similar jobs by email. Register with us now.
|Job Title||Assistant Category Buyer|
|Salary||£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits|
|Who to Contact||Quest Search and Selection - email@example.com|
|Job Advertised||over 2 years ago|
A young and rapidly growing global business has an opening for an Assistant Category Buyer in one of their largest product categories. This is a new role, created due to the continued success and expansion of the company.
In this position you will be responsible for assisting the lead category manager in ensuring efficient, cost effective and sustainable procurement to sustain a competitive advantage and maximise company profits.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in ensuring the timely negotiation of all agreements
- Ensure delivery of consistent and sustainable best value purchasing and supply
- Data Collection and analysis to prepare documents for tender
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and work in conjunction with suppliers to identify new products to be strategically sourced
- Keep up to date on industry trends and use market and data analysis to spot trends and make range recommendations
- Assist in developing an innovative range of products and services
To qualify for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in an assistant buying, merchandising or category management role
- Experience in the retail sector - experience in the food and beverage sector would be advantageous but other sectors will also be considered
- Negotiation skills and an ability to maximise margins and hit income targets
- Ability to interpret retail data and make recommendations
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of business
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop long term relationships
If you have the experience required and would like to be part of a great team within a growing, successful, international business then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref: Q96413_1414661834 | Published: over 2 years ago
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Buyer (Gifts)
£40,000 - £50,000 | London
Ref: Q102405 | Published: 01th Feb 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an established Buyer to join this luxury gift retailer in ...
- Beauty Buyer - London
£25,000 - £55,000 | City of London, London
Ref: Q101844 | Published: 13th Feb 2017
We are currently looking for a Buyer to join this well-established Beauty Retailer based in Londo...
- Category Merchandising Manager - Cardiff
£30,000 - £40,000 | Cardiff
Ref: Q102565 | Published: 10th Feb 2017
Category Merchandising Manager - Cardiff This role is for a market leading Food, Non Food & Servi...
- Ecommerce Merchandiser
£22,000 - £25,000 | London
Ref: Q102579 | Published: 13th Feb 2017
A fast-paced high-street fashion retailer is looking for an Ecommerce Merchandiser to join their ...
- Head of Merchandising
£100,000 | Dubai
Ref: Q80190_1487938345 | Published: 24th Feb 2017
This leading global retailer is searching for an ambitious and highly capable Head of Merchandisi...