Womenswear Buyer – London
| | |
As a result of their continued success and expansion, this premium fashion retailer has an exciting job opportunity for a Womenswear Buyer based in London.
Working closely with Head of Buying, you will deliver commercially viable ranges that meet the Department and Company sales and profit targets yet maintaining a strategic business focus.
The ideal candidate will have premium womenswear fashion experience, and your key responsibilities will include:
- Development and delivery of seasonal buying strategies and ensuring products are aligned with key product lines. Operating within set financial budgets for sales, margins, stock and open to buy
- Planning, sourcing and buying of merchandise at category level in a commercial environment
- Presenting the figures, product and season trends to the Head of Buying and the Directors
- Negotiating cost prices, in the best interest of the company, taking into account range and sales plans
- Ensuring ranges are selected within timescales sufficient to meet required “on sale” dates in line with agreed company promotional calendars and making operational departments aware
- Overseeing the critical path meetings in that all key cut off dates are met and delays avoided
- Training and developing members of the team to achieve their potential, focusing on the individual needs by working on development plans and continually reviewing
As a Womenswear Buyer, your skills and experience will include:
- Full understanding of the Buying role and the relationship between it and the Merchandising department. Working closely to balance trading and planning to create timely and exciting ranges for the stores and online
- Excellent analytical skills and commercial awareness, always able to think strategically and broadly to drive company profit targets
- An innovative and forward-thinking approach
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate effectively with Suppliers and Senior managers, and proven sourcing experience in Europe and other countries
- Demonstrate a passion about product. Keeping up-to-date with all media channels, blogs, magazines, trends sites, music etc.
If you’re interested in a new Womenswear Buying job opportunity in a British heritage retailer based in London, please apply quoting Q104263!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.