Vice President of Buying & Merchandising – Food
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are delighted to partner with this leading international group that is established in 15 countries globally within supermarket, hospitality & wholesale. This business is looking for a Vice President of Buying & Merchandising to be based in their hub head office in Dubai, looking after a store portfolio of over 200 stores.
The core responsible of this role to develop and adapting the Buying & Merchandising strategy for stores & online across Food/FMCG to ensure that the current business model remains competitive to customer whilst achieving the gross margin. The ultimate role is to formulate a divisional strategy and to provide leadership and direction to the Category teams, in order to deliver planned sales, profit, margin, stock and markdown targets and to maximise opportunities within the business.
Your responsibilities of this Vice President of Buying & Merchandising-
- To develop a vision and strategy for own division which is aligned to the corporate strategy,
- Propose plans to increase profitability and productivity in the merchandising & buying function
- Analyse and benchmark their Retail Omnichannel performance to the market and develop areas of improvement
- Oversee the development of new NPD for products and the planogram & execution in stores.
- Identify new sourcing countries and develop an organizational structure & if a local office is needed
- Review the entire process of Private Label development including quality aspects, setting up processes and standards
- Conduct and oversee all international negotiations of high-level FMCG agreements
- Standardise the sourcing strategy across & implement best practices
- Developing succession plans across the entire Merchandising function to make sure that you have proactive growth in your team
- Oversee the application of the merchandise plan and ensure its consistency with national strategy
- Drive the on-going review of Merchandising systems and processes to ensure their relevance, effectiveness and flexibility to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business and to shape best in class within the division and across the business.
- · Working closely with the e-Commerce team including marketing, product and UX to ensure that merchandise layout and product information is correct to maximise sales.
- Ensure that the are able to use google analytics to review & track the user journey, conversion rates and page performance
To be successful in this VP of Buying & Merchandising position –
- That you have delivered the strategy for a division, country or business from both a Buying, planning/merchandising or category background.
- You must have retail food, wholesale and FMCG experience within a similar level
- You must have experience of owning the deliver of the on and offline strategy.
- Have experience of leading both buying planning, or merchandising teams include store & space planning.
- Comfortable with monitoring allocated budget to ensure compliance and take corrective measures when necessary
- Can get buy-in for the planned vision and strategy for the wider business
- Competency of reviewing financial reports for accuracy and consistency
- Have develop necessary measures towards continuous reduction of the operational cost
- Have extensive experience with complete and high-level negotiations
- Strong people management skills and have led large teams through direct reports and succession planning.
- Aptitude in strong decision-making and working with numbers
The package will reflect the level of this position with tax free salary, guaranteed bonuses, healthcare, relocation, schooling allowance and flights and much more that goes with this executive level position.
If this profile reflects the level of your expertise and knowledge within a customer focused position then please send your cv quoting the reference JO-2001-107678.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.