Store Manager in Training
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently working for one of the largest commercial employers within retail in Guernsey and are keen to speak to candidates that are open to relocation for a career opportunity in store management!
This business has seen YOY growth within their food division & operate stores across both islands for a reputable high street brand.
As part of their Store Manager talent on the island they are keen to get candidates form the retail sector to secure a role as a Store Manager in training for a 4-12months period (depending on experience), before being signed off for their own store.
This is for people at a Store, Deputy or Department Manager with the hunger to secure their own store and establish their full career.
Responsibilities of these Store Manager in training position –
- To have understanding of the overall financial and non-financial controls and KPI’s of the store
- Shadow existing Store Manager’s and understanding of all processes regarding legality, stock processes, commerciality and team management
- To lead and coach store teams in exceeding their job roles
- Be able to run the store in absence of Manager’s which confident to do so
- KPIs focus on measurable around both financial and non-financial targets
- Take responsibility of wage budgets and have proactive plan for absentee management
- Working proactively and in partnership with your Store, Regional Manager & HR regarding spotting talent, signing off training, developing other staff member or performance management
To be successful in this Store Manager in Training role position you must –
- Have Store, Trainee, Deputy, Designate or Department management experience in retail. Ideally this is within supermarkets but other fast paced retailers such as the value retail, health & beauty or hospitality will be considered. It is about the individual and their ambitious and track record to continue to succeed!
- Have managed the daily operations, P&L and legalities of a store or department.
- KPIs focus on measurable around both financial and non-financial targets.
- Have used proactive method to develop your store
- Must have a track record of success of managing in an autonomous retail environment
- Must be self-motivated and driven and ben able to communicate well with your team, customers and senior leadership in the business.
The benefits of this Store Manager in Training role –
Relocating to the Channel Islands represents a fantastic opportunity and lifestyle that you perhaps cannot obtain in the UK –
- Lower tax rate and social security (on average an extra 4-6k per annum compared to the UK!)
- Increase in salary once signed off to Store Manager
- This is one of the sunniest places in the British Isles & as VAT has not been levied in the Channel, luxury goods have often been cheaper than in the UK or in France.
- They will book initial hotel bookings & flights and you will receive full visa to work on the island.
- They will also assist with relocation costings and housing costs.
- Other benefits include bonuses (profit related), pension, private healthcare and staff discount.
Though they appreciate that this is a big move they are very committed in making the relocation and on-boarding as seamless as possible! If this opportunity sounds of interest and you fit the skill and attitude to success please send your CV quoting the reference JO-2008-108185.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.